Need current info on May Trucking in Pensacola

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by HarrySam, Aug 10, 2015.

1. "GaToR"

"GaToR" Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    I'll try and help you out.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    Reason for edit: I
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. "GaToR"

"GaToR" Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    I'm a trainer with May. I've worked for them for 9 years. I've been driving over 30 year's and have over 3 million safe miles. I've worked for for a few companies over the years and can in all honesty tell you that May is the best company I've worked for.

There equipment is among the best and we'll taken care of. Most truck are no more than 3 years old, as are the trailers. They are only buying Freightliner Cascadia's at the moment due to a falling out with Peterbuilt. They are transitioning all of there trucks to automatics. I'm an old school driver that had never driven an automatic until I got the truck I'm currently driving. A 2016 Cascadia with a Cummins and 10 speed auto. I was one who bucked it and swore I'd never drive an automatic. I can tell you this, they have come a long way, and I absolutely love it!

I get 2700-3300 miles on a consistent basis. I generally stay out 3 weeks and get home when I request to do so. In 9 years I've been late getting home twice. Once by 1 day, another by 2.

They have company supplied inverters, bunk heaters an will install a complete EpicVue/Direct TV system that comes with HBO, Cinema and showtime if your willing to pay $11.50 a week. The trucks have sirius equipped radios, but you have to pay the subscription if you want it.

They mainly run to the Northwest out of Pensacola, but run the 48. I for the most part run the N.W. myself.

There pay and miles are among the best. I'm out of Pensacola and can tell you that everyone there is AWESOME!

Hope that helps.. They call me GaToR, and if I can help in any way.. don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck n God Bless.

Ooops, Civilservant, BigPerm and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. HarrySam

HarrySam Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2015
    GaToR

Great to get all that info. I'm heading to Pensacola the middle of next month. I drove back in 2007 but haven't driven since then. I'm hoping that when I go out with my trainer I'll only have to do it for a short while. I was OTR before and have driven at least 100,000 mile and drtove 42 states so at least I'm not a raw beginner.

Maybe I'll get you for a trainer. Great to hear about the inverters, bunk heaters TV and sirius. That will be great . Hopefully I'll end up with an auto too. Drove one for a short time last time out when my truck was in the shop and really enjoyed it.

If you have any other helpful info please post it so I can show up ready to go.

Thanks
    Sam

6. "GaToR"

"GaToR" Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Dave will be the one who does your orientation, he is a great guy. Rob is the terminal manager, also a great guy. (But don't tell them I said so.. wouldn't want to ruin my stellar reputation. )

They will put you up in a decent motel during orientation and provide lunch and transportation every day. You will most likely leave Thurs. or Fri. with a trainer.

With your experience, I wouldn't expect you to be out any more than 2 weeks, and if that long/longer it would be a logistical reason with getting back to Pensacola.

Would be happy to be your trainer, and you could ask / request it to Dave or Rob if you so choose

If I can help with anything else, let me know.

GaToR

7. "GaToR"

"GaToR" Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Things to bring-
    Enough clothes for a couple weeks.
    If you have one, a truckers GPS to get re-acclimated
    Truckers Atlas
    Blanket / sleeping bag n pillow
    Warm jacket
    Warm pair of shoes/boots
    Gloves

Oh yeah,
    Tooth brush, preferably with tooth paste
    Deodorant
    Cologne
    A good attitude
    and a 1/5 of the best whiskey you can find for the trainer.

Wallah! All set!!

;-) G8R

P.S If you happen to get me as a trainer and you have a laptop, bring it as I have a copy of PC Miler ($299.00 program ) I can install on it for free
    that is awesome for trip planning.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's good info on May. Seems like they're getting better and better. I'll start recommending them to new drivers.

"GaToR" Thanks this.
  9. "GaToR"

"GaToR" Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Thanks Chinatown!
    I've read some of the other threads and am really at a loss at some of the derogatory posts about May. They have been great to me. I'm a firm believer that you create your own destiny, and allot of wounds are self inflicted.

Have a GR8 day n God Bless!

10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's good to hear. I lived in Pensacola years ago in the Beulah area. Last time thru there it looked like a dump, but maybe it's improved now.

"GaToR" Thanks this.
  11. "GaToR"

"GaToR" Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2016
    I drove thru there the other day on my way to Lillian to a crawfish n shrimp boil (yum) It's a little better than it was years ago as P-Cola is expanding out that way

Chinatown Thanks this.
  12. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The last time I was in Pensacola was over 16 years ago for my then wifes funeral; died from breast cancer. Been married to my new wife for almost 15 years; that's her in the avatar. Two children with her & the youngest is a 4th grader.

"GaToR" Thanks this.
  13. Old school 362

Old school 362 Medium Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Pensacola Fl
    Plenty of turf farms need drivers in the foley area. When you live this close too the beach enjoy it.

"GaToR" Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs