Need help comparing companies, Maverick, Roehl, Millis, and Swift

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by foretwoone, Jan 16, 2021.

1. foretwoone

foretwoone Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2020
    Add an update to this one now been with Millis since February. Yes they were bought out by heartland but they are running as an independent entity of heartland. The training has been to notch, the trucks are very nicely equipped and the pay is exceptional. My average check is 1400-1500 a week. We’re allowed to take any route we want and we can fuel where we want however there is an incentive of 10cpg for fueling where they tell us (always loves or pilot). I can’t speak for every carrier out there but I’ve spoken to many drivers at truck stops and shippers and very few come close to my pay with under 2 years experience.
    On top of all that, Millis is small. That means you get more one on one with the company. When I go up to the corporate office my dispatcher knows me by face and name…. And I’m brand new. I’m not just a truck number, I’m a person. I guarantee you’re not getting that with any other trainer companies.

ChiRango, Goldenfan and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Foretwoone does millis train on manual or auto transmissions? What location did you go to school at?

3. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    How are things going now with Millis? Where did you go to school at? Still happy with the company?

4. ChiRango

ChiRango Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2021
    IL
    @foretwoone Did you take your test on auto or manual tranny semi at Millis? Do you have E restriction for auto only on your CDL?

Asking cause i'm trying NOT to get the restriction on CDL lol. Are you concerned with keeping it on your CDL or any plans on removing it later?

From what i understand most mega fleets are all new trucks so are all auto. No manual tranny, therefore auto only CDL restriction.

One would have to find small carrier but they DO NOT offer free cdl training and require 2 yrs experience so it's dead end i see on pathway to not having the restriction on your CDL.

Anyone, thoughts on navigating this obsticle?

5. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Roehl always used to let me take the truck home

6. Iampa

Iampa Light Load Member

May 4, 2021
    Henderson NV
    Depends on how far you are from a terminal or drop yard I think.

I haven't been home to find out yet lol

Maverick Griff and BlueThunderr Thank this.
  7. BlueThunderr

BlueThunderr Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2012
    that makes sense...I was in upstate NY

8. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    My understanding is that Roehl will let you take your truck home if you live more than 50 miles away from a terminal or drop yard.

Maverick Griff Thanks this.
  9. Iampa

Iampa Light Load Member

May 4, 2021
    Henderson NV
    Correct. I am 22 miles from the drop yard

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.