Need help grasping loading positions on stinger 9 car

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Eyepatch, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Eyepatch

Eyepatch Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2023
    Hi all! New to forum and first post, though I been driving reefer for 3 years and recently picked up a gig car hauling for a mega dealership. Nice pay, home daily, awesome shift hourly pay I'm digging it.

So quick backstory, I started like 2 months ago, 1.5 months of training and now on own like week 2. Problem is my training was kinda meh. I guess it's slow right now and a lot of days we only had 4 or 5 cars at a time. I think once 9. But I got strapping, driving them on and off lowering raising etc etc what I'm a little worried with is positioning. My trainer awesome dude but was not the best and they rushed me thru tbh. So my question is, what is the best quick rundown you can give me about fitting the full 9 on there? Ik all the spots, and a few tips and tricks (like angle spot 2 down over a low car on spot 3) but in general I get stumped if I have or think about having 9 with some big ones. Buddies say I'm overthrowing it but I feel like I was undertrained for a difficult load (say something like 4 full sized SUV 1 full size truck and 4 sedans) any help or positioning tips appreciated and thanks for having me u guys rock I really learned a lot in my first year browsing this forum haha.

carhaulerjeff Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. carhaulerjeff

carhaulerjeff Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2016
    go look at the picture section of this forum and look and see how we have are trucks loaded then you will grasp the concept

Banker Thanks this.
  4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    If it is a one stop load and an 80’ rig the easiest spot for me to put a pickup is on the back top. If I have more than one pickup or it goes to the last stop the next one goes on number 1. If I have a small suv or sedan and a third pickup it goes behind the cab or on the hump of the trailer with a small suv or sedan over it. With 80’ you can put a midsized SUV driven in the belly with a 1500 backed on the hump and a sedan or small suv over top of the pickup and be 13’6. I do my best to load as close as possible as I did the last load I hauled. This cuts down on moving straps and saves time. Sometimes it isn’t possible if you have multiple stops. If I have multiple stops I do my best not to do reloads unless I absolutely need to. With 80’ none of these loads is close to the next unit. 9912DE8B-3F8B-4CF0-BD3D-FBE6386BF6FE.png 7A0DCCA8-16E1-447C-A5C1-23D132536EB5.png 842F7B77-B5AB-474E-B3D4-9BFC20A752F8.png

brian991219, Eyepatch, lual and 3 others Thank this.
  5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Unless I have a really small load I always lay the load out on paper before I load it. I also take a picture of any load that is reasonably large and look at it later on my iPad. You would be surprised how many times I figure a different way to load it that would have either been easier to load, lower or shorter. In most cases with a sedan or midsize suv over midsize suv you aren’t going to be close to 13’6. Don’t try to get it as low as possible because you will tear something up and there will have been absolutely no reason to get it that low or that close. When you have a pickup over a large suv then you may be more concerned, but not if you load it in the best spot on the truck and either drive or back it on correctly.

Eyepatch and ibcalm19 Thank this.
  6. Eyepatch

Eyepatch Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2023
    OK I see what you're saying good visuals too thanks !

brian991219 and Banker Thank this.
  7. frankdtank

frankdtank Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Fuksake... that's a nice ride :)

Banker Thanks this.
  8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Is the former USAL rig serving you well? In my opinion that is by far the best fleet to buy a used rig from. They do excellent maintenance and they spec’ their rigs very well. Did you buy directly from them or from a third party? I have a friend truck shopping now and I feel their rigs could be an excellent option. Did your rig come with the 295’s in all 18 positions?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.