Need information about LandStar and LS`s load board!!!!

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by Alex 82Rus, Mar 27, 2016.

1. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Don't mentioned his name... you will get this thread closed...lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I used to listen to him years ago. I remember one time he said the average rate for dry van is 1.40 when leased on. Don't know if there is some truth in that. But I do know its not that far off for dry van.

4. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    A lot of Landstar drivers talk gross because that's how the load board is setup. The loadboard is set up that way because not everybody makes the same percentage. Have your own van trailer and you're at 72%, flatbed 73%, every axle over 5, 1% for each one. Then you have old timers that have different contracts like 75% of 98%, 80% for the really old timers who were Inway and ranger before Landstar was created, etc. When I talk on this board or in general with non LS drivers, I talk about money after the cut. I'm mathematically inclined. We all know that a lot of owner operators aren't, otherwise there would be less of them when a lot of them realize they could make more as a company driver.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  5. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Really going points on how everyone is set up different. It's just hard for those of us that are gathering information regarding how rates are doing over there. Oh well, have my webinar this afternoon so we'll see how that looks.

6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Let use know how the load board looks, maybe it's better now. There are so many point of views on what is cheap freight and how to make money. You can get a glider kit truck, they are cheaper and way more easy to fix. Then you can't go to CA. Their is no one answer. That guy with the radio show KR, I'm not sure he has the correct answer.

7. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    EPA is going after gliders, so that's a slippery slope too. It's tough out here man. Odds are so stacked against oo's..

8. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I was on Schneider Choice up to 3 weeks ago. Was with Landstar back in 2009. Now with FCC.

9. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Who's FCC???

10. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    [QUOTE= $134,000 a year.

Eventually I'd like to go back OTR flatbed, been doing containers for the last 2 years (did OTR flatbed the 2 years previous)...these numbers tell me to stay in Chicago doing containers.....did 135K gross last year with 6 weeks off (2weeks of breakdowns, 2 weeks ill, 2 weeks vacations) and slept in the truck 12 nights!!!!!....

Rates are certainly low this year across the board (Containers, flatbed, dry van, reefer, tanker...) but, fact is, if I can't gross 5K or more per week consistently, I don't see a need to go OTR....

Thanks!!!....this thread has been quite informative!!!!

11. TexasPhoenix

TexasPhoenix Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Fremont Contract Carriers, Fremont, Nebraska

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.