Need job search advice in NC

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Project Mongoose, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Project Mongoose

Project Mongoose Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Shelby, NC
    I'm looking for cdl A with no endorsements with 6 yrs civilian exp and 6.5 yrs military exp. Unfortunately the company I've worked for the last 6 yrs, keeps putting me on back burners in favor of other less paid drivers. Guess I shouldnt have stayed with a mega company for so long. I live 20 minutes west of Charlotte NC. Really dont like the concept of bidding loads. Rather just get assigned a load and go. Need to make no less than 1300 gross. I've been delivering for Target for the last 5.5 years and been home everyday just for my 10hr with only a 34hr break on Saturday. So I can handle long hrs without issue. Just overwhelmed with all the companies in the area and cant tell if it's all BS or truth from their websites. Any advice would help. Thanks in advance. P.S. cant get with walmart due to dot preventable accident in dec. 2013.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Who do you drive for now?

4. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015

@Chinatown

5. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    have you tried the LTL companies?

there are a whole #### load around here.

what companies are you considering,maybe I know of them.

I live in Charlotte

Sirscrapntruckalot and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Hard to make that kind of money without endorsements.
    Easy to make that with endorsements.
    Estes Express Lines - click-> Apply On Company Site
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

7. JB82

JB82 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2018
    Can you throw some numbers About estes ?

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @KaoMinerva can give updated information on Estes.

9. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    What do you need to know? I'm extra board/linehaul so that's all I pretty much know as far as pay scale.

XB... .6110 to .695
    Linehaul .60 to .685
    Team... Topout .75
    XB Team... Topout .76 (I think)

10. Project Mongoose

Project Mongoose Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Shelby, NC
    I work for Schneider on the Target account in Newton NC. I wouldnt have an issue but every year during peak season, the account manager pulls otr or regional drivers into the account to help out. And everytime he always gets way to many drivers to help. Which in turn takes loads away from his permanent drivers on the account. Last week was the worse for me. Didnt even get 2200 miles and was off for three days in one work week. The account manager claims he has to use the helpers (otr and regional drivers) or he loses them (meaning the go back to doin otr and regional work). Problem is, the otr and regional drivers are on a different pay scale compared to the Target drivers on all aspects and depending on their experience they make even more than I do. I'm not jealous of those drivers at all, but you would think on a business aspect that the account manager would use his own driver and let the otr and regional drivers go back to doing what they were doing.
    (Target drivers capped at 41 cpm, otr capped at 50 cpm.)

As someone mentioned, its gonna hard to make that kind of money without endorsements. Ive noticed that over the years. One of main reasons I havnt left yet. Was hoping that someone might know something I didnt.

11. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    4 days at Estes, depending on miles, is still no less than $800 net. During this time of year, I intentionally work 2-4 days. I like my time off and the money don't mean nothing to me at this point.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.