Need Opinions on this driver (video).

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Infamous El Guapo, Aug 17, 2011.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Infamous,

for.....?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infamous El Guapo

Infamous El Guapo Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lucky Day: Reading telegram: "Three Amigos, Hollywood, California. You are very great. 100,000 pesos. Come to Santa Poco put on show, stop. The In-famous El Guapo."
    Dusty Bottoms: What does that mean, in-famous?
    Ned Nederlander: Oh, Dusty. In-famous is when you're MORE than famous. This man El Guapo, he's not just famous, he's IN-famous.
    Lucky Day: 100,000 pesos to perform with this El Guapo, who's probably the biggest actor to come out of Mexico!
    Dusty Bottoms: Wow, in-famous? In-famous?

:biggrin_2559:

123456 Thanks this.
  4. Infamous El Guapo

Infamous El Guapo Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTUmczVdik[/ame]

5. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    Thanks for that. I'd practically forgotten about that movie. Now I'll have to pay a psychiatrist to remove it permanently.

Infamous El Guapo Thanks this.
  6. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    I guess there is always more than one nut in a bag. Now there is no one that knows what there vehicle can and cant do. Count the number of truck that has went off the road from blown steer tire bet they knew what their truck would do up until that loud boom. There is no way you can predict a 80Klb truck will do. And then what about the traffic tailgating is defined as an unsafe following distance so yes he was tailgating unless he have a truck that will stop on a dime and give nine cent change. It was announce over the radio that 4 wheelers was stopped under the bridge but this driver didnt care just squeezed his way on through. Its careless and out right stupid drivers like this that we dont need out on the highway

johnday and Injun Thank this.
  7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Look at the video again, and look at the level of the hood and windshield near the 4-wheelers.
    The largest that truck could be is a large pickup or SUV. It was not a big truck.
    I think he was going a little too fast for the conditions, but the truck that came into his lane was in the wrong, not him in that situation.

Injun Thanks this.
  8. kajidono

kajidono Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Streetrat
    1. That was a big truck. Listen to the engine in the background. Those newer sloped hoods are deceptive, especially through a camera lens.

2. Turning on your turn signal overrides the hazards on a big truck. Try it.

3. If that driver on the right could see far enough ahead to see that traffic under the bridge, visibility was fine. The fact that he did not look behind him and waited until the last possible second to get over makes him an idiot.

4. If there is a tornado bearing down on the area, lead, follow, or get out of the way, I'm leaving. If you would like to study the flight characteristics of your rig on your own time, feel free. Mine was not designed for it and neither was I.

5. If you can't see in the rain, throw down $10 for some new wipers.

6. Rain-X. Use it.

Les2, Ridgerunner665 and Kokot Thank this.
  9. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    It looks like a Volvo from the hood design and reflection off the back of the van. The tornado was ahead of him down in Joplin reason highway was closed at the 11mm he was at the 29mm High st exit so why be in a hurry. The truck had started over before he got to him yet he made no attempt to adjust his speed just went out over the yellow line in a hurry to pass

johnday and okiedokie Thank this.
  10. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Your wasting your breathe Plum. Some people just don't get it, until it's too late. It's not about skill but experience. There's a huge difference.

11. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    This could go on forever. I wish someone would post a video of some seriously reckless driving in some actual bad weather. So we have something to compare to. I'm not downplaying a deadly tornado by any means but at that particular time it was just light rain.

Les2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.