Need paid cdl training for tanker in the Orlando area

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Titanium86, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Titanium86

Titanium86 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2017
    looking for paid cdl training for tanker, I recently moved to Orlando from Nashville. Was offered a position with Pam but ended up having to turn it down because the recruiter told me there are no terminals near Orlando. If you know of any companies who will train a rook looking to become a tanker, who lives in the Orlando area feel free to drop some information.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have a cdl now?
    If you have a cdl, how much driving experience do you have?
    I'm from Tennessee; Nashville area.

4. Titanium86

Sep 7, 2017
    Unfortunately I don't. I'm looking for a school that will accept me in the Orlando area. I want to be a tanker

5. Titanium86

Sep 7, 2017
    The school doesn't have to be in orlando

CJ701 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The state will pay for private cdl school through the WIOA Program, then you can go to one of several tanker companies in Florida.
    Schneider might pay for cdl school up front, then put you with their tanker division at graduation.
    Another way is to attend a trucking company cdl school, then after completing the contract, go with a tanker outfit.
    Prime Inc. has a tanker division and also has cdl school. From my understanding the tanker division is more regional vs. OTR.
    There's a school in Tampa you can check with and maybe CTL Transportation in Florida will pay for it. Check with the school and ask.
    Tampa Truck Driving School
    8501-B Sabal Industrial Blvd
    Tampa, FL 33619
    [​IMG]

CrappieJunkie and CJ701 Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    CFI - www.cfidrive.com - hires in Tennessee and Florida. It's a dry van company, but you could do 12 months there, then switch to a tanker outfit that hires in Floirda such as Oakley and a half dozen more.
    [​IMG]
    Oakley Transport Headquarters
    101 ABC Road
    Lake Wales, FL 33859
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here's info. on CFI www.cfidrive.com
    With a 12-month commitment to drive for CFI, qualified students can now receive fully paid tuition to attend driving school in Missouri. We’ll even cover your room and board for the duration of the four-week course.

CJ701 Thanks this.
  8. Titanium86

Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks Chinatown I just got off the phone with Prime I won't be able to do tanker but I figure I'll go flatbed for a year and then switch to a tanker afterwards. Thanks so much you are so knowledgeable bro!!

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Cypress Truck Lines has cdl school in Jacksonville; call for details.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.