Need some help...New Connex CX-4600 Turbo

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by JoeCoolMpls, Mar 25, 2008.

1. clantonman1983

clantonman1983 Light Load Member

Mar 24, 2009
    clanton, al
    :biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    :biggrin_255:It may be "funny", but go read the 10 "busts" against CBers for operating on or 'intefering with" 10 Meters. I bet it isn't "funny" to the ones that got those letters from FCC! :yes2557: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (See? I'm laughing, too!) It'll be even FUNNIER when some of them get $10,000 FINES payable to the US Treasury!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this IS an important issue because, while to unlicensed CB operators who have no training or way to understand such matters, unlicensed operating and interference to legitimate radio services involves not only just jabbering on a radio, but it is a matter of treaties signed between countries to mitigate interference. Slowly over a period of years,
    CB operators have engaged in a kind of "creeping" occupation of radio spectrum which has spread up and down 11 Meters into the adjacent frequencies. Despite the myths and legends about a "CB freeband", these bands ARE assigned to other users. Who is REALLY to blame for this "creeping"? The very agency that is charged to protect users from interference: FCC! Now, having had to be "goaded" into doing their JOB, they are HAVING to act due to massive complaints, particularly from the amateur community not ONLY from US hams, but from hams in other countries with whom the USA has signed treaties. This is why we are seeing large numbers (and it can't come TOO soon) of CBers being nailed for operating outside their bands and coming up into the ham bands. So..........YES! The hams are going to "protest", and they are going to do it by dropping the dime on the illegitimate CBers they find on their "turf". They don't "hate" CBers as some have suggested; what they "hate" is finding unlicensed people yapping where they have NO durn business, and they WILL locate them and turn them IN to their friends and advocates up at FCC! :yes2557: Where do these people GET the idea there are "extree" channels and they have some "right" to use those frequencies? There are
    40 (count 'em: 40) CB channels people can use almost without fear of the Feds (if they simply obey the law). Most of those channels go BEGGING.

Gadfly

4. TriAxleTrucker16

TriAxleTrucker16 Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2008
    South Carolina
    Hey Gadfly, did they drop CW/Morse from the Extra Class Exam?

5. Gadfly

Aug 18, 2006
    And WHAT does THAT have to do with anything?

6. clantonman1983

Mar 24, 2009
    clanton, al
    :biggrin_25512:
    Are you kidding me??? You really take this stuff way too seriously.

7. Gadfly

Aug 18, 2006

Too seriously? That's just the point! (Read the thread again). If it's not "serious" then why don't you just install a police radio and start "tan fer, f'ar in th' w'ar," on there!:biggrin_25520: See how long THAT lasts! Or see how long you can chatter on Marine channel 16 before the Coast Guard knocks on your door! Once again, it is about interference, understanding why there's rules to start with, and protecting other users from interrruptions of their communications. The answer that should be obvious is that other frequencies BELONG to other users and unlicensed interlopers have NO business on them. Period. In the case of the amateur bands, the hams STUDIED, learned the RULES that apply to their bands, and will not tolerate people just inviting themselves in. And they are more likely to look with disdain on lawbreakers, "cowboys", and outlaw operaters. They will come AFTER unlicensed people on their "turf in order to PREVENT interference to their operations. WHAT outlaws do inside CB, they don't care----so long as it doesn't interfere with their rightful bands. Stay OUT of the ham bands unless you have a license. Just because some of us have never even SEEN a copy of the rules doesn't mean it's OK to filch frequencies from others! :biggrin_25512:

Gadfly

8. clantonman1983

Mar 24, 2009
    clanton, al
  9. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    I sent you a PM. I don't know exactly what kind of infromation you are wanting
    on the radio but I should be able to help you as I have the exact radio.

And yes as people (Gadfly) have said it is illegal and you can have the radio seized
    and get a hefty fine it you use it wrong. Myself I stay on the regular CB channels
    (D band, AM) and as long as you don't go messing around on the "extree channel
    " as Gadfly puts it you shouldn't have any problems.

You can post you questions here or have a MOD send you question to me in a PM
    since you don't have 50 post yet.

10. clantonman1983

Mar 24, 2009
    clanton, al
    Yes I know that already. I just think it's funny how some people take it so seriously. I think I'll go take that little test and see how I do. :biggrin_25518:

11. Brickhauler

Brickhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Elizabeth CO
    The man just asked a simple question. I guess since you seem to be Mr. Know-it-all of the ham radio world he must have thought you could give him a polite answer. Looks like he was wrong on that one.

slim6596 and TriAxleTrucker16 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.