Need to relocate to Texas

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by leeroy.s, Oct 15, 2019.

1. alden2007

alden2007 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Texas
    Yup you nailed it it’s decent if you know where to live specially in Texas as example frisco it’s expensive as hell but if you go little bit to the country side it’s more reasonable And the school better that’s my 2 cent

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Too many companies put all their eggs in one basket when it was going good & it grabbed them. Lot of oilfield been going strong for decades it's all in knowing what needs to be done & not going crazy when it's great.

alden2007 Thanks this.
  4. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    Amarillo had a census of 265,000 plus recently. So industries have opened since you been this way.

5. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    Good food in most areas miss 2 in mc Kinney

6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Yup, like I said they diversified and have done well since back in 80's when things went to hell. Texas has always come out good. I used to do lots of business in Amarillo, but even if I ever moved back to Texas, it would not be to that area, when I left that windy country, I really have no desire to live with wind ever again. lol

7. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    There are things to eat there that just isn't matched in other parts of the country, or al least not easily.
    Barbeque, catfish, CHICKEN FRIED STEAK, etc,etc.
    In some parts of the country they just look at you funny when you ask for some things, like fried okra or squash, hush puppies. lol

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  8. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    Mexican food. San miguels & So Fenix if still open

9. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    El Fenix

10. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Believe it or not, we actually have some fairly good mexican food places here and one excellent one, complete with real live no speeky de english people working there. we also have some fair barbque, but not comparable to some of the smaller ones in Texas.

Tx Countryboy Thanks this.
  11. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

(Bold is my doing) Looks like Chinatown is getting a seasonal home in Frisco to. ;)

LOL

Best part of Texas? The part with Tacos. Plus they fry everything there. From Apples, Beer and butter to Zucchini, Zebra Cakes and other things!

Yes you can deep fry beer and butter. Not sure why you would want to, but thanks to Texas we can now get drunk off fried foods!

Texas is weird. It's like showing up at a black an tie dinner with a whip,a thong, and with a parrot. Texans are the only ones who can out lie an ######## a fisherman.

In short....Texas is weird, but interesting. They make Florida look almost normal. Keyword...almost. ;)

Never fear Florida. I still like you, plus your a lot closer.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Talk about your all in one stop...ha!

[​IMG]

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.