Need to sell: 2003 Freightliner Classic XL

Discussion in 'Trucker Forum Classifieds & Trading Post' started by Snshine, Apr 12, 2011.

1. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    i think that may be the way to go--so much less to go wrong--so much easier to trouble shoot
    in detroits--same trucks but with pre emissions compared to emmissions--no mpg gain at all and lots of little problems with the new ones

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snshine

Snshine Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Vinton, Ohio
    He said 265 inch wheel base, has 855,000 miles.

4. Snshine

Snshine Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Vinton, Ohio
    And I asked about the rears thing. Yes, rear differential gears; he said he thinks the front rear needs fixed.

5. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    you'r gona take it in the rear on that truck in non running condition. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on the repairs otherwise you're looking at a $10k truck. plus that's getting up to the top end of miles for a detroit before needing a reman.

You can drop in a reman pig in there for about $2k

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    pics would help.

the truck is set up like I would want but there's no way I'd pay that for it. I can get a pete of that vintage with a reman for not much more

7. Snshine

Snshine Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Vinton, Ohio
    Hi, MedicineMan

I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My dad has been in the hospital the past week and I want to get pictures of the truck up, but also was hoping to get it washed first. Will see what I can do in the next couple of days. Unfortunately, getting together money for repairs is absolutely out of the question at this time, and the price on the truck is going to drop considerably. I will talk to him about it as soon as I can.

8. Snshine

Snshine Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Vinton, Ohio
  9. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I am actually looking for a Classic XL,,prefer to have the 84" sleeper but hey,,we cant have everything..LOL. Anyway, can you ask your dad if the engine is a pre-emission engine? They, Detroit, did have a few 03 12 and 14lt engines that were pre-emission. That would be the only deal breaker for me.
    Thanks..

10. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    looks like an x weiner truck to me

11. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    It is. You can see the difference in paint above the visor on the roof that says 'WERNER".

The Challenger and Vampire Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.