Need work? South Texas Oilfield hiring like crazy!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by bennythejew, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Theguy24

Theguy24 Bobtail Member

Jul 18, 2011

Do any of them help with school since there's such a need... ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtsquirter

dirtsquirter Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2011
    rmxer08@yahoo.com
    Thanks for the post Benny! I have been researching the North Dakota oilfields and really want to try my hand at this type of work. I have my CDL A, but no experience yet. I will renew my license in RI, and I have all my endorsements, including hazmat. I just don't know if RI will allow me to keep hazmat or make me take another test. I will be moving into the state where I will be working with my wife and son. I will want to get the license in the same state I'm working in, I just didn't realize Texas was hiring so many. Is there places to live available, or is it like ND? Thanks again for the great info!

jvar4001 Thanks this.
  4. V8-MACK

V8-MACK Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Any idea what these co.s are paying ? thanks I worked on a drill rig in the 90,s off road driving also, a few years of tank exp. etc.

5. jvar4001

jvar4001 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    you got to retest the hazmat everytime you switch license rom state to state thats ederal law

6. dirtsquirter

dirtsquirter Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2011
    rmxer08@yahoo.com
    Then I guess I shouldn't bother to take the test again in RI, as my 5 years is up and they will require a new test, probably a TSA, and maybe even a physical. I should just renew my CDL with the rest of the endorsements in RI, and take care of the hazmat once I find a job in another state.

7. V8-MACK

V8-MACK Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I only see 1 co. on craigslist Houston and San Antonio, is there work there ? On San Antonio paper website there,s a job fair oct.4, that,s all I see.

8. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri
    Try Craig's List in Midland and Odessa it is loaded. Also North Dakota as many of the same companies are in both locations. I'm not sure what city the jobs in central and south Texas are listed in.

You can get on North Dakotas state job service website easily and they have many jobs listed. You have to register to get on the state job service in Texas, so I didn't try that yet. I know this thread is about Texas, I'm just sharing what I have found for ideas.

jmacdaddy and hardworkinman Thank this.
  9. jmacdaddy

jmacdaddy Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2011
    San Angelo, Texas
    benny first thanks for all the contact info,just got out of school last week. do you know if any companies in south texas are hiring newbies for water trucks. my instructors at school said they would guess thats what companies would have me doing first?

10. loudhornsrule

loudhornsrule Light Load Member

Jan 29, 2009
    north texas
    I think Sunoco is hiring around Bay City maybe even Corpus Good luck

z20jimmie and jmacdaddy Thank this.
  11. BigCheese

BigCheese Medium Load Member

Sep 9, 2011
    CT
    So if I'm not moving to Texas and I will be living in my RV at a campground and only going there to work in the oil fields, I don't need to change my CDL or Hazmat to Texas? Is this correct?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.