Need work? South Texas Oilfield hiring like crazy!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by bennythejew, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Gaugeline

Gaugeline Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Texas

I don't work for Sunoco. I've just talked to some of their drivers. 250 to 400 a day is about right. Probably about 300 a day average. 300 miles and 4 loads is no problem. Shouldn't take 12 to 13 hrs.

800 a day as a company driver is BS.

taz125 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    Sorry, they won't accept aps unless you have a class a cdl/w hazmat/tanker endorsement. But if you already have your learners permit with those endorsements go ahead and apply. They also like it if you have a twic card because some of their customers require it. That also opens up more loads for you than one of their drivers who does not have it. I heard they may start requiring it soon.

You will have to do a road test. If you are not good on your turns and backing up you better find a way to practice.

sanook Thanks this.
  4. taz125

taz125 Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Norman Oklahoma
    Perfect Thanks Chi i'm actually going to get my learners permit in the next week or so. So that will be perfect

5. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Yep hauling crude for hourly pay is dying. % of pay sucks until you get use to testing the crude and finding the wells but once all that clicks I think you can earn more money that way. I would say I make close to $26-$27/hr if you break down the % commission into hourly pay. BUT we have no benefits so need to consider that too. For me insurance wasn't important I have my own policy and I like to keep it because every time I drop it then renew it they find some "pre existing condition" they refuse to cover. If a company 401K does not do matching that is not a benefit either as you can open up a Roth or Traditional IRA and get better results. I do envy the drivers who get bonuses like the Plains driver who makes $3300 bonus every 3 months!

Dupree is tanking crude out of Cotulla and they pay by the hour. Not sure where you are looking in S TX but QC was paying by the hour out of Houston and Victoria.

Chibob and taz125 Thank this.
  6. ShowBoat

ShowBoat Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Victoria, Tx

Sun Coast is sucky right now....avoid if possible...I've been with SC for 2 yes now and have never seen it this bad.
    Example A: I use to bring home $2,600 minimum every 2wks; Now it's down $1,700 every 2 wks.

Example B: No more 12 hour or 10 Hour guarantee (A driver use to get paid for 12 or 10 hrs, even if his actual work only took 8hrs to complete).

Example C: All Oilfield Natural Gas Condesate drivers must run oil wells now (Climb Stairs, Breath Harmful Chemicals, & Test Oil before Loading it)

Example D: They are the worst paying company in the Txs oilfield right now ($17 hr for day drivers/$18 hr for night drivers new hires)

Example E: No more Cell Phone Reimbursement every 2 wks on our checks ($11)

Example D: No O/T (Everybody is just running their Schedule of 5-2 & 4-3 (Every oilfield worker truly makes the good money during over time. Note: I use to get paid for a 160-164 hrs every 2 wks.

Sun Coast had been hiring right out of school lately...No experienced oilfield driver would go there under the current conditions.

Also note: SC has always been a reactionary company in the past, meaning they pay when feel threatened. The problem right now seems to be NOT enough work. They have lost work to pipeline completions and just outright being out bid by other companies who were more aggressive. When SC had it, They paid us well. But times are changing my friends.

7. ShowBoat

ShowBoat Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Victoria, Tx
    I've been told to stay away from Sunoco, Gulf Mark, & Great Plains.

However, I've heard good things about Gold Spur (85k yr)...& Martin (80k yr)

8. Rockdoctor

Whoa! I've heard from a few crude haulers in S TX their company is also slow. Some are saying that happens this time of the year. Others are blaming all the pipelines going in.

I know those runs from the LACT at Cuero or Yorktown are sweet, but the experience of running from wells is better to have. I do not know of any companies off the top of my head that run from LACT to LACT except Suncoast.

9. JMullins

JMullins Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Anybody know of any companies hiring around Kenedy? Drove for Nabors for 6 months, got tired of driving a deathtrap and quit.

10. Rockdoctor

Are you looking to haul crude? Kemco was looking for drivers out of that area not long ago.

http://kemcoresources.com/main/index.php

11. JMullins

JMullins Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Yes, crude. Looks like they pay by the hour, any idea around how much?

And while I'm thinking of it, I don't really have anything tying me down here except the bother of moving.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.