Need work? South Texas Oilfield hiring like crazy!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by bennythejew, Sep 7, 2011.

1. JMullins

JMullins Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2012
    They replied back, he says they make .38/mi and $35 load. That doesn't sound too hot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

No that isn't very good. Guess that's why they are always looking. I know QC in Victoria is looking but I think the pay is only $20/hr. Dupree in Cotulla is paying around $23/hr. SunCoast is in Edna, they pay $19/hour I think but heard they are having trouble staying busy. Really can't think of anymore paying by the hour.

4. JMullins

JMullins Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2012
    How about other locals? I'm a southern boy so I don't think I could handle ND.

5. chud3

chud3 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    I don't want to lose my state's residency status but I'm moving to Texas for work and will have an apartment there, but I'll still get my mail and everything at my permanent residence. Will I still have to get a new license?

6. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    The only reason Sun Coast Edna would have trouble keeping busy is because they do stupid things to get kicked off job sites. They had a great thing going at one place but a driver didn't take any water with him and passed out from heat and now they can't go back.

In Corpus Christi we are so busy we need another 42 drivers for the night shift which pays $20 hr and you can count on a minimum 60 plus hours per week.

I would also add that the management is outstanding. The people I work for are the best I have seen since I left Emerson Electric many years ago.

That doesn't mean we don't have the same mechanical and logistical problems everybody else does but it helps when the people you work for are not ***holes.

sanook Thanks this.
  7. Chibob

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    A guy I work with has been here almost two years and still has his MS cdl. I plan on doing the same.

8. chud3

chud3 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    and you still have a residence in MS? bc thats what I'd prefer to do.

9. Chibob

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    Actually for me it's Missouri. But I will have to make a decision in a year because my MO license plates will expire and then I will have to pay MO personal property tax or change to TX.

10. chud3

chud3 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Gotcha. Well i just renewed my registration this month and i dont mind going back to La to a DMV. Hopefully it wont be a problem.

11. Scott101

Scott101 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    NorCal
    You might want to check with a tax expert. I think I read something around here about having to pay income tax in your home State if you don't officially reside in Texas.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.