Need work? South Texas Oilfield hiring like crazy!

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by bennythejew, Sep 7, 2011.

1. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ryan5464

ryan5464 Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Conway, AR
    If my buddy and I show up in Odessa with a camper and a pair of fully endorsed class a cdl's, with only 8 months cdl experience a piece, is it a suicide misson or are the odds in our favor of getting hired quickly? vac truck is fine with me as long as im getting lots of hours and lots of cash

4. glenn71

Jul 13, 2013
    Uh, no...you need to learn the secret handshake first.

If you have tanker and hazmat you're good.

5. Driver5

Driver5 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    You'll find work the first day if you actually look. Ignore the naysayers. EVERYBODY is hiring.

6. ryan5464

Dec 9, 2013
    Conway, AR
    Lol this is the first time I've ever uprooted. Scary

7. ryan5464

Dec 9, 2013
    Conway, AR
    Yes I have hazmat and tanker. Having problems with the dang TWIC card. Never received a letter. Government offices.. But I can fix that eventually

8. Driver5

Driver5 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Don't wait on it. I have my TWIC card and haven't even had one company ask me about it and I haven't heard of one that requires it. Your CDL with hazmat is what matters.

9. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    I agree...don't wait on it. The hazmat and tanker endorsements will qualify you for the jobs...when the twice comes in...all the better. Likely the only time you would need it is if you are...or plan to be looking for jobs along the coast somewhere.

10. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    Life is all about choices. You're just taking a turn in the road. Hopefully it works out well. If not you're not stuck anywhere for life. W TX is not the Ozarks for sure. Has it's own kind of beauty at times like all places. But sure beats Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan and a lot of other places I have headed out for to find that pot of gold or other reasons. Check out Hobbs, Kermit, Carlsbad other areas not right in the Midland area. Lot more laid back if you like country life. Pecos and surrounding area as well. You will not have any trouble finding work if you can drive and pass a drug test.

11. glenn71

Jul 13, 2013
    If you have haz already the TWIC will come along eventually. It's the same background check, so if you pass one, you'll pass the other.

Where did you apply for the TWIC? IIRC, you need to pick it up at the office where you applied. You can arrange to have it sent to another office, but it takes time for the transit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.