Netflix doing business with Obama

Discussion in 'Other News' started by My Dog, May 21, 2018.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

First world problems at its best. Lol

not4hire Thanks this.
  3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Oh my talk about butt hurt Snowflakes lol The hypocrisy is real.

not4hire and mjd4277 Thank this.
  4. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I'm being watching Lost in space, love my Netflix.

NavigatorWife and not4hire Thank this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Hope Netflix goes under on this deal..

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    They won't. It's going to be just like everything else today. Anything a little right of centre is censored or otherwise deemed inappropriate. YouTube did it and demonetized or outright deleted a lot of right wing channels. May as well call it boring tube now. So basicly, you can say whatever you want....... as long as it matches the agenda. Otherwise, you're a racist or a bigot or a nazi.
    Here is an interesting read.
    Obama Signs New Law Restructuring U.S. International Media
    Control the narrative.

06driver Thanks this.
  7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Netflix is a commie supporting pinkoscum bastian of flaming sickos anyways. Perfect fit for them.

8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    No kidding.

HA HA HA, just read one of the comments...
    I hope this falls apart, but I'm may have to cancel #Netflix and just go with @amazon

Obviously has no clue about who owns Amazon and how butt-hurt people are about Bezos.

mjd4277, Blackshack46 and danny23tx Thank this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    As a lifelong Conservative... I'm going to disagree with your post. Yes, I know YouTube did what you say, but I think most of it was just garbage anyhow. Lots of looney-tunes and unsubstantiated conspiracy junk, or programs intended to incite. And, since Youtube is a commercial enterprise and not government owned, they have every right to provide and promote whatever programming suits their agenda. Anyone is free to start a competing service if they so desire. Furthermore, since I am an adult, if there is something I don't like, I just don't watch it. Heck, I even enjoy some programming on the CBC... just nothing to do with Dr.* David Suzuki ;)

NavigatorWife and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I would hope our publicly funded national broadcasting corporation would cater to more than the left. I also enjoy one show. Mr D. Is funny, but I think we can both agree the cbc is quite slanted.

Private companies, including YouTube, Netflix, Google, can moderate however they see fit. However, I wonder why it seems once any organization gets large enough, it always shifts left. Examples are "our advertisers don't want to pay on your content, because (we decide) your content isn't suitable for all viewers." End result? Decline in quality of content since the money is not there anymore.
    I guess the point is, why is everyone so afraid to say something that might offend someone else? Bill Burr is a good comedian and he makes some good points. A comedian makes a joke, everyone except 1 in the audience laughs, but because that 1 person gets upset, the comedian is held to account. I think Louis ck had the same thing happen. Result? Water down the comedy. And should a bunch if right wingers get together and form an organization? We get called the militia or a bunch of nazis. That term has been watered down as well. The result? Before Donny took office nobody would say they are going to vote for him. They'd be tarred and feathered. So they went quietly to the ballot box....and here we are.

Scatterbrain thoughts tonight

not4hire and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.