New and looking for advice

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by LucyGoose, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do some research on "Personal Dispatch Services"

MakeItBetter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    again @mountaingote it was not a recommendation it was showing the OP an example since they had never really looked into leasing on with someone. The fact is the A&R is a company I had researched about a company driving job and everything have heard was pretty positive about the company and from drivers who drive for them.. As you can see most of the comments/ replies are focused on me and an example I posted. Instead of offering this lady a reply to her request for assistance. That makes absolutely NO sense to me. Lastly is to address your question as to why I would give an EXAMPLE from a tanker company? Well it is quite simple. people who find themselves in this families position may have never thought of other options outside of what they have been doing. As you know ( or should know) Tanker Flatbed Hazmat all generally pay better than dry van and reefer. So it was me simply offering different examples and avenues that may actually assist this family.

why not offer this family something that could possibly help them instead of focusing on my reply? While your at it why don't you also read the entire thread as you will see A&R was 1 of my replies along with a list of the 9 top Carrier Brokers was another reply.... It is called helping....

4. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    @Big Papaxx I don't understand how you can do some much recommending but yet, aren't even a driver?

5. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    For the love of god do u read @HalpinUout? It was an example not a recommendation.. If you do not understand the difference look it up.

I have been involved in logistics for over 25 years International and domestic. I have overseen every type of transportation shipping receiving customs etc etc. I also was the majority owner of a North American Distributor of Industrial equipment. I have a Masters degree in business and I was the Vice President and Managing director of North America for a Global Equipment Manufacturer...

No I do not drive a truck right now nor have I OTR. But I Have passed all of the written tests for CDL and all of my endorsements including hazmat. I have logged plenty of miles covering every state except 2 Hawaii and Alaska the western half of Canada including Nova Scotia and several areas in Northern Mexico... Plus having covered Western Europe, Finland, Estonia, The Netherlands. I have operated and am certified to operate everything from a forklift to a D-10 Dozer to a track hoe, all terrain Rock trucks up 300 ton overhead cranes in the melt shop of a steel manufacturing plant... I am 30 hour OSHA certified and CPR certified. Finally I am certified by the Department of Labor MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) to work in any coal Metal and Non-Metal mine in the United states.... But your right I am not even a driver...

So what are your qualifications halpinUout??? Being licensed to operate a truck does not make someone a professional driver..

6. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    So on the other thread you saying "system Transport" was another 'example"?

7. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    I really could careless about what you have done... My Qualification is I have held a CDL for 8 years... Ticket and accident free... Good enough to work for who I want. This is a trucking site... Not all the other crap you listed.

Didn't you send your so called buddy to Prime and then they screwed his DAC cause he walked out from the Urine test? Cant help but believe that you are the "Buddy"...

Big Papaxx Thanks this.
  8. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Well I know what kind of site this is. My buddy was also a former employee of mine. Yes he went to prime. Yes he left prime. No he did not fail or take a drug test. no his Dac is not screwed up as the report was removed. I can work and do any thing I want when ever I want. I will have my cdl in the next month and will be driving for a company after the first of the year. My MVR is ticket and accident free and has been for 31 years. If you don't want an answer don't ask a question. As I have told you before. If there is a problem since you are from the Chicago area and I am as well I would be happy to meet you and we can discuss it. I was not talking to you on this thread but you apparently felt the need to question me. Which is fine. I would say that my experience in logistics alone qualifies me to comment. As you can see if you read I gave the OP a list of companies that was exactly what she was asking about. Have you offered her any advice?? I don't see it if you did. So why you are asking me questions on her thread makes no sense. You can PM me on here if you want to discuss something or as I said I would be happy to meet you in person.. It serves absolutely purpose and is no help to the OP for this to occur on her thread.. Yes I did say System Transport on another thread.. Do I need to explain why I did that to you as well? Also does holding a CDL for 8 years make you the Almighty OZ of Trucking?? I think not. It doesn't even make you a veteran of this industry. Any time you would like to compare knowledge of this industry I would be happy to... But it should not be done on someones thread who is looking for some advice.
    Lastly I never asked for nor do I need your permission to be on this site.. Why don't you either add something of substance to this thread or do not comment at all..

9. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    No System was a recommendation..

10. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    Ok at least is wasn't an "example" SMH...

And no I'm not the Almighty OZ... Just wouldn't want someone "recommending" companies to me when they don't even hold a CDL...

And if your intention to meet me in public is a way to intimidate me it doesn't, and I have no desire to meet you in person. This is a forum so everything can be discussed here. I think I added a lot to the OP's thread. By you stating a better company was the one you listed but yet you haven't worked for that company or either of the two she listed. IMO you steering someone in the wrong direction, and that's why I posted it... If I asked for an opinion on 2 companies or a better one to work for an someone who has no skin in the game offers a certain company I would be a little ticked.

Carry on fella...

I won't comment anymore on your Recommendations or Examples I'll just sit back with :happy1:

Carry On...:hello2:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    Ruthless and Big Papaxx Thank this.
  11. Big Papaxx

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    No it is not a way to intimidate it is obvious you have some issue with me. since we reside in the same area I was offering to meet you in person so that you could ask me or discuss anything you would like. It is in my opinion respectful.. Nothing more nothing less. as far as system I have talked to many of there existing drivers countless hours of research have received a Pre Hire letter from them and chose them over other companies I also researched.. So yes it was a recommendation based on the information I have. The company the gentlemen on the other thread TMC worked for I also know very well as I did business with them for over 10 years is supplying them with service and equipment and know the owner personally as well as many of there former and existing drivers. So yes I gave him my recommendation that in my opinion based on what I know is That System Transport is a great company. You again have made a lot of assumptions when you have NO knowledge of what I do or do not know. The fact is simply holding a CDL or not holding a CDL does not indicate either way what someone knows or does not know.. I would not make any comment ( unlike some) if I do not have any factual basis to make that comment. Again you obviously have not read this thread as you have not contributed anything to it and I did not suggest in any way on this thread that 1 company was better than another. On the other thread yes I did and that recommendation is based in factual knowledge of not only the company he worked for previously but also the knowledge of the 2 companies he was asking about ( which I mentioned nothing of either of them) and also the company I recommended which in my opinion is a quality organization which is also what the OP of that thread asked for.

Lastly I do not care whether you watch and eat popcorn or comment on every post I make. I am very confident in the knowledge I have and in what I post. I also have all of the back up and factual information to support anything I post or any recommendation or example I give. Which based on that and my own experience in this industry as a whole ( NOT AS A CDL HOLDER YET) but experience non the less. I would say that I have more than enough skin in the game to comment. Just because my experience in this industry is different than yours it does not make one more valuable or 1 less valuable.. It makes them different.

Enjoy your popcorn..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.