New Border Crossing Regs

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Brucesmith, Jan 25, 2021.

  1. upnorthwpg

    upnorthwpg Road Train Member

    1,475
    1,891
    Sep 23, 2011
    0
    not4hire Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. tinytim

    tinytim Road Train Member

    5,117
    16,099
    Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    0
    Key word being 'Rumors'.

    That's only for non-essential travellers. Not truck drivers or others who cross for work related reasons.

    He also said that, in the coming weeks, Canada will begin requiring non-essential travellers to show a negative test before entry at the land border with the U.S.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-travel-measures-1.5892992

    Some interesting stats.

    Since border restrictions came into effect 92% of all land border crossings were by essential workers. Who are the other 8%? Many of them were likely snow birds and others that returned last spring I'm guessing.

    74% of the essential worker traffic crossing by land is truck drivers.

    When you include entry by land, sea and air truck drivers account for 50% of those exempt from quarantine restrictions.

    Entry into Canada is down by roughly 90% from pre-covid levels.
    74 per cent of travellers entering Canada were exempt from quarantine: CBSA
     
  4. Condi

    Condi Light Load Member

    86
    87
    Sep 9, 2012
    0
    Closing the borders has nothing to do with covid. Travel is only 2 % of virus spread according to minister of health. Its all about control and compliance. Australia is closed since march! You can only leave for a funeral, return ticket is 12,000$ and they only allow 1500 people a week. Same is going to happen here in Canada. Since hotels are limited they will be a limit on how many people can return back home. Plus hotel fees up to 2000 for three days. They will just make it impossible to travel. And when all abiding citizens came back home government will introduce mandatory vaccination.
     
  5. crankit2152

    crankit2152 Light Load Member

    88
    64
    Apr 2, 2009
    0
    My reply would have been, -"Chinese Takeout, o_O
     
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  6. 201

    201 Road Train Member

    9,884
    19,760
    Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    0
  7. Elroythekid

    Elroythekid Road Train Member

    2,419
    4,800
    Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    0
    Garththomas Thanks this.
  8. '88K100

    '88K100 Heavy Load Member

    972
    1,988
    Aug 23, 2020
    0
    Magoo1968 and 201 Thank this.
  9. Garththomas

    Garththomas Light Load Member

    258
    152
    Feb 10, 2017
    0
    Yeah they should be impounded and make the owners pay for the ride home. Should be some money recovered to pay for the extra cost of policing
     
  10. aaronpeterbilt3787

    aaronpeterbilt3787 Medium Load Member

    699
    1,068
    Apr 2, 2016
    0
    I read, typed two words into response, and deleted. All I’ll say, is this is not the Canada my grandfathers fought for in wars. You all have a great day. Certainly glad I got out of the industry.
     
    201 Thanks this.
  11. kranky1

    kranky1 Road Train Member

    2,254
    8,796
    Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    0
    You think? We’re probably the only developed nation on earth who are completely incapable of defending ourselves for more than 20 minutes. Not that it matters. We were taken over from inside while the Army was standing around in Cyprus with blue hats and no bullets.
     
    flightwatch Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted