New Camera System Coming to all company trucks.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Switches, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    WitchingHour, yes they operate 24/7 - both views.
    That fact was in one of the videos that are supposed to help us understand how good the cameras are for us.

SouthernLady Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can anyone give me a single example of a driver facing camera exonerating a driver?

Maybe a swarm of bees flies in through the window and distracts you, causing a wreck?

The only thing a driver facing camera could prove is that you were fully alert and attentive with both hands on the steering wheel. But guess what? Without a driver facing camera, this is assumed by default unless proven otherwise (innocent before proven guilty).

My company has driver facing cameras and during my interview they were very clear about the purpose. It lowers insurance costs and makes drivers safer because they know they are being watched. Not a single thing was said about it being for my protection. That's what the dash cam is for. Since this is a high paying hourly plus OT job in a day cab, it is something that I can live with. But I wouldn't stand for it in an OTR truck making Swift wages.

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And in your rant you even give 2 examples, while asking for a single one?

I really don't want you for a lawyer. You would argue against me, 'seemingly' without even realizing it.

You probably just gave the 2 foremost reasons why they think driver facing cams are a good thing.
    Maybe you really are a Plant.

Kindle Thanks this.
  5. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    No, he didn't. He gave reasons why they accomplish nothing positive for the driver. Let's read what he said minus your quote manipulation.

The OP was very upfront that he's not a huge fan of the driver facing camera, which is why he states that it only serves to "prove" what is already assumed by law. At no point did he defend the camera. It only appears that way when you read your cherry picked manipulated quote.

6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I didn't 'cherry pick' anything.
    I didn't manipulate anything.

And the OP has nothing to do with the quotes you just made comment to, since you didn't even quote anything from the OP.

HousTank Thanks this.
  7. Agrimmar

Agrimmar Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2015
    So I wonder how much they paid Mr "triple diamond driver" to be in the latest video on the Qualcomm.

SouthernLady, Switches and Buckeye91 Thank this.
  8. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Probably the payment of nor getting a cam in his truck

9. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    You watch those ? i just hit play and walk out of my truck and do the pre-trip

DocWatson and scottied67 Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I know.
    He sounded just like everyone else reading a script about the camera's.

DocWatson Thanks this.
  11. Agrimmar

Agrimmar Bobtail Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I dont really watch them as much as analyze all the bs they expect me to believe.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.