New Car Hauler

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by DerpaDerpa, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    But how could this be correct? Our resident constant complainer is going broke hauling cars, so therefore everyone must be as well. You and I are surely confused on the fact that anyone can make money hauling cars. Since there are low rates on central dispatch that means all of us are hauling for that. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    I laughed when i seen that. My truck grossed 8765 last week and im closing in on 7k this week. After taking a 34 mid week. It cant be that bad out there

Banker Thanks this.
  4. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    It made me laugh as well because a truck grossing $8750 in a week is not bad but is nothing to brag on. I did $7400 in four days last week that took 2500 miles and that my friend sucks. There was nothing else paying enough for me to pull the ramps out so i went home, i feel sorry for the guys working for owners or companies that had no choice to pull the low end loads last week. That was the highest paying loads available from a major carrier, so my point remains rates suck and most drivers at major carriers say the same.

5. Nobroker

Jul 1, 2016
    You should be very proud of your accomplishment because you must be the current highest paid car hauler in the united states averaging $92 per hour worked. On the flipside your assumptions that i hate hauling cars and im going broke . Are you quoting things i never said ? Check the past two years of posts and i will bet the majority of comments agree with mine. I have a hard time believing you average $92 per hour worked home every night and weekends, now that kinda makes me laugh. You should talk to your co- recruiters about changing your ad for drivers to : Earn $92 an hour home every night and weekends but then again 99.9% would know its a lie.
    Should i wait for your third last comment here ?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  6. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Hell in an 8 day period (Monday-Monday) my truck will have grossed $8055 and I’m a newb...

Banker Thanks this.
  7. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Whats a good weekly gross to you? I remember when i started the guys i use to work for bragged on 8k a week. That was with a 8/9 car highmount running povs around 2012-2014. When i made the mistake of going to accelerated thieves out of colorado my 1st month with my truck i grossed a tad over 38k. I never seen any of that money but i feel like thats a #### good month. But im a company driver now. And the last 2.5 months sucked ###. Atleast to me. I expect nothing less than 2k a week

8. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    You get 25% of that??

9. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    How do you gross 38k and see nothing. Please , if you don't mind expanding on that. I'm curious because I have heard stories from current o/o there.

10. interpreter

interpreter Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2013
    It’s a sliding scale. We get paid a $2000 draw on the 15th and they settle the month on the 30th. Bottom % is 20 for anything up to 16k in a month. It slides up based on your revenue up to a top of 28% if you do over 35k for the month.

11. Nobroker

Jul 1, 2016
    With todays rates I said its not bad of course it depends how many hours a week you are working or sitting in that truck away from home. You are probably working a lot harder for that 8k+ than you would have in 2012 -2014
    At rates just 2 yrs ago you probably would have made 11k.
    As to your question what do i think is a good gross for living in a truck 7 days ? 12k but very difficult at these rates and if you can't stay loaded impossible. Unless of course you are H&A O/O superhero that consistently hauls $18 per mile loads.

I wouldnt touch pov's with a ten foot pole. Imo they arent worth my time and aggravation on a stinger.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.