New Career ... From the beginning.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Markus, Nov 10, 2011.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Diesel bear hasn't been around lately as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    bump..........

been 2 months.............

4. Moe Rhonic

Moe Rhonic Light Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Des Plaines, Il
    Jesus, again the anti-climax? First ORG and now Mark?

I just found this thread today and the quote is way back, but to set the record straight for anyone who comes after me:

I don't know where you went to school, but at the school I will be attending, they train you on both empty and "weighted" trailers.

BYW, I'm pretty much set to begin with my school on June 4th (as I posted in my blog) so I'll be starting my own newbie thread here soon! ( I tried to once before and got bashed, but now I feel the naysayers can KMA)

Honestly, I may not know trucking, but I do know the internet (internet addict) and, barring no connection, which I do understand, there's no excuse for not popping in to say hi...or in some cases, goodbye--it's just good internet protocol, and providing I have a connection, and I don't get "banned or retired", I won't let y'all drop like this...It's just bad manners.

Twicebit Thanks this.
  5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  6. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    It is kinda sad or as you said anti-climatic to follow some of these folks for months and then .............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It would be nice even if they just said okay I got really busy and don't have time to post any more but it's all working out, or I quit and went back to being the CEO of Starbank or something.

With the nice weather I know I will be on line less and less and outside more and more but do try to catch up every 1-2 or 3 days.

anti-climatic- word of the day.:biggrin_2556:

7. JTHub

JTHub Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Wilkesboro NC
    I followed ORG's thread then I read his friend Chris's thread and now I finished Markus's thread and all just dropped off the face of the earth....well my computer. As with the others I've been entertained, educated and blessed by reading them all. I wish they would all return and tell us what's going on with them but most of all I wish them safety and success!

Todd

8. sammycat

sammycat "Oldest Hijackerette"

Apr 11, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    so do many of us.....

but I guess sometimes life just gets in the way............

123456 Thanks this.
  9. Markus

Markus Guest

Sep 26, 2011
    Westmoreland, NY
    Hello out there. I must apologize for dropping out of sight. It got to a point where people were treating me like some sort of authority..and i got spooked. Yes, Im still driving...pretty much loving it. I choose to stay out about 3 weeks...the get home for 3 or so.
    Still with Schneider... They treat me well. I'm not afraid of the truck or trailer anymore...except on ice...and high winds

KansasWhirl, Wedge, Hitman and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Wedge

Wedge Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Griffin, Georgia
    Good to hear from you, Markus.

I'm glad that it's working out for you. I'll keep an eye out for you.

11. Destination Unknown

Destination Unknown Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Markus thanks for sharing your experience and checking back with your continuing success.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.