NEW CDL GRAD IN CA got rejected my werner and schneider

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by thomascun88, Aug 29, 2014.

1. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    That is not true... when I got my CDL I had a couple things that was getting me turned away from the larger companies. .. so I got my start by getting on with an O/O pulling flatbed. ...

Then I took a year off the road and ran into the Refresher course thing... al the big companies told me I had to ba k to CDL school for a refresher course....

So, I got on with a Small family owned and run company pulling reefer..

I do agree they were harder to work for.. and did not have the resources that a large company can offer... but, I did get experience and from there able to go so ewhere that is a etter fit for me...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    I like the 99 the comment was about all the people I am driving beside that dont even have the basics in 20 hours

no wonder every day the goverment wants to regulate common sense

4. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    That is 100% Hogwash

5. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    Sound advice. And when you walk through the door, LOOK PROFESSIONAL!. Get rid of the T Shirt and the hat. And bring a friggin' pen to fill out the app. I had many a nitwit walk into the drivers room looking for a job, and them an app., and they say "hey man, got a pen?". The app got taken away and they were shown the door.

Chinatown and Wild Murphy Thank this.
  6. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Yeah.. I went in very prepared... I was clean.. had on clean appropriate clothes... had all the information I needed to fill out the application. .. meaning, I had all the current and correct information from all my past employers... which I had already spoke with so I knew everything I put down was accurate and what wojld be verified. . I had a copy of my MVR and my Criminal record with me, I had all the transcripts from my CDL school as well as my certificates...

I was polites and professional in my interview and I made sure I had thetime to do a road test or whatever they wanted... which is important... they gave me a road test, even had me do a pre trip.. the road test consited of me hooking up to an empty trailer on their lot and a drive around town, dropped the trailer back in the spot I got it from.. go out and he shook my hand and told me to be there at 7am Monday...

There was anotner guy there when I first went in.. so I had to sit there for a bit.. well, he didnt have time to take a road test and so was going to come back in a couple of days to take it... well, I had time and took mine then and there and got the job..

Also, they never advertised they were hiring... I just walked in... I found that the smaller companies prefer the face to face thing.. so it is better to walk in then to call...

snatale42, Chinatown and SLANT6 Thank this.
  7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Always carry a Zebra fine tip ball point pen with black ink.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Wild Murphy Thanks this.
  8. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    There are good careers to be had from smaller companies. Generally they do not tolerate nitwit crap. You either show them you are a Pro, or they show you the door.

9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Wow how times have changed. The non accredited school I went to, drive time was 30 hours behind the wheel and 200 hours class room time (5 weeks in the classroom, one week to do driving, so 6 week course). Yet to get the license in 20 hours. Sounds like a union class room.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.