New company hauling Frac sand called Sand Box

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by roadtech, Jun 28, 2017.

1. plater1

plater1 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    back in NY
    I'm not 100% sure, but i think they already have a competition in PA. The truck went by to fast to make out the name. They have boxes that look a little like grain style gravity boxes. They are white with green? lettering. They fit two on the back of a flatbed trl. In Texas it may be difficult to get much market share with the "good ole boy" network in place. As far as buying stock in them......no way in hell will i ever invest in any oilfield related stock!:eek:

austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

I see a company called Hi Crush over in the Pecos, TX area doing the same thing SandBox is doing. But for some reason I always see SandBox drivers out trying to secure their loads but never see that with Hi Crush. Maybe they have a better way of securing the boxes to their trailers.

austinmike Thanks this.
  4. tobiasrook

tobiasrook Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2013
    The issue with sandbox is over saturation of product (sand) and lacking availability of water...most loads are paid per and sitting empty or staged is not demurage pay....I run OH,PA,OH dry bulk sand and things are so-so....some weeks are 15 loads some are 5 as they were this week......doesn't matter who u haul for.
    So many people are living in the what was and hope for the past to come back to make GOOD money...I don't see it anytime soon...either crude or gas its a volatile market commodity.
    Issues now are water being regulated / limited from the source via municipal ordnance and local regulations which impact production thus cost

5. sideloader

sideloader Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2017
    ouch... SLCA : Summary for U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc. - Yahoo Finance

6. frac4themoneytx

frac4themoneytx Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2016
    How can there be less trucks if each box only holds 22,000 lbs? Each pneumatic trailer usually delivers 45,000-48,000 lbs to the frac locations. That would mean more than double the amount of trucks. Schlumberger is now starting to use a bottom drop system here in south Texas. It almost eliminates silica dust and by using pneumatic trailers they get 50,000 lbs per truck.

7. frac4themoneytx

Aug 25, 2016
    How can there be less trucks if they only hold 22,000lbs. Pneumatic trailers usually carry 46,000-48,000 lbs to frac locations. Schlumberger is now using a bottom drop system here in south Texas which virtually eliminates silica dust. It also allows them to get pneumatic trailers loaded with 50,000 pounds. I'm not at all convinced that Sandbox is going to be taking over the industry. They have their niche but that's about the extent of it.

8. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    Whoever said 22000 lbs was wrong. They hold over 44000 lbs. (similar to a sand can)
    22 tons might have been what they were thinking?

9. frac4themoneytx

Aug 25, 2016
    That would make more sense!

AC22 Thanks this.
  10. Chedger

Chedger Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Hello,

We have our own authority and stepdeck trailer. Do you know of anyone around the midland area who we could do business with to run frac sand boxes with?

Thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.