New company hauling Frac sand called Sand Box

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by roadtech, Jun 28, 2017.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It looks like Halliburton stole the idea.
    20180617_164253.jpg

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oilfieldmike

Oilfieldmike Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2012
    holiday, florida
    Halliburton and Sandbox are teamed up. Those are 96 inch sandboxes I imagine are made to run roads restricted to 96 inch wide and 40 foot long.

The other sandboxes are 102 inch wide and a dark grey and shorter. Up in North Dakota it’s all the 102 inch boxes.

Arrows up is another similar sandbox holding 42,0000. PropX is the smaller boxes that only hold 20,000 per box and they move them 2 at a time. Here in North Dakota they have liberty on them.

The large 40,000 pound sandbox has to be lifted with a massive forklift and they have problems on the pad when it rains. The flooring they use starts to bend because the dirt underneath gets washed out.

The propx doesn’t need such a large forklift

They all now have a container type chassis and are moving away from the step decks

Sandbox company trucks are not in North Dakota. They left awhile ago. I imagine they are finding it cheaper to farm out the work to contractors.

4. DIESELLEGEND104

DIESELLEGEND104 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2018
    I ran for them as O/O. When they first showed up out here in Mansfield PA area, rates were good. Then after the talk of bringing up the little automatic KW660s, the rates started falling n we ( large majority of the OO ) actually parked em till we were assured the rates would be re-negotiated by the end of the prefill/wknd. Needless to say, there trucks eventually showed up n were told that passing Company Sandbox trucks on the highways wasnt allowed. A lot of us jus dispursed back to pnuematic or water transport. But if ur a company driver, it's a sweet deal. 25/hr 6/2

5. 85COE

85COE Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2019
    Columbus, Ohio
    not to resurrect a dead thread, but ...
    I would have laughed and laughed and laughed.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.