New driver in Charlotte NC wants to log experience and drive free for o/o

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by wclementson, Jul 11, 2020.

1. TTNJ

TTNJ Heavy Load Member

Nov 21, 2017
    I guess when I read it again I see it as well but it doesn’t make much sense to me and am confused how some folks get away with it.
    A NASCAR driver would be the classic example. They would normally be at the track in race day by 8am and the race may not even end until 10pm if there is a rain delay. They then would load up and drive 6 hours or more back to the shop. Again, at the track they have job so it’s not like they can log off duty

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roger.B1240

Roger.B1240 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Dallas Tx
    On Duty not driving and On Duty Driving are the same as On Duty. Except you can only be On Duty Driving no more than 11 within the 14 hour regulation. A City Driver can log On Duty for 8 hours and would technically never have to show on duty driving if he never leaves the same metropolitan area. Unless the unit has a EOBR logbook. IMO, the 40 hours on duty not driving would allow up to 30 hours on duty driving - minus other onduty functions and still be within FMCSA Regulation for CDL-A

E-Log would have to be manually adjusted to reflect actual On Duty Time is Concurrent with both Jobs.

Keep it legal....Cowboy!

4. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    To the op. Its exactly the opposite of what your asking. But you'll be home every weekend and they pay good. Call Danny sidden at Cooke trucking mount airy nc. After six months of dedicated cross country runs. You can apply for his local runs which pay crap. But it only two or three days a week.
    As a newbie out of the gate. You'll bring home tween 875 and 1100 a week.
    Home 2 or 3 days every week

Roger.B1240 Thanks this.
  5. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    VP is a joke, I live near their facility, junk equipment and very low wages.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.