New fuel policy.with Central

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by sanityfree, Jun 23, 2008.

1. rixcamp

rixcamp Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    Pawpaw, I amended my original statement to chapter 11 bankruptcy. Then read the truth about the bailout. 55.6 million dollars of taxpayers money! That's a big chunk of change at we taxpayers' expense! Governmental welfare will only work for awhile, then whatever caused them to go bankrupt to begin with, will likely happen again unless significant changes are made to how the company is re-organized. I, for one, don't like subisdizing a badly run company no matter what their excuses are. I have agreed with you about Swift in previous posts, as you probably remember. But, global warming? Heck, it happens in cycles anyway with or without humans. It's politically correct to "go green" now days, but you'll see us truckers going "red" when we fry in our trucks this summer because of anti-idle laws the states are crafting. And, you'll see truckers "going blue" as we freeze in our trucks this winter. Man, this all sucks, because most of us company drivers don't work for companies that do the APU thing. And alot of them discourage idling to the point of Nazi-Germany strong arm tactics. I don't know, gentlemen, what's gonna happen to our profession during the next year or two. Hope I win the lotto! LOL!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rixcamp

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    That last post was in reference to idleaire, as far as the governmental welfare.

4. rixcamp

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    OOPS! I meant companies that DONT do the APU thing in other post I made above. Sorry gents!

5. rixcamp

Jun 4, 2008
    seligman,az.
    Crap, disregard that last post, I must be getting senile or am not awake yet!

6. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    So what are the rate at which they are going to charge the fuel at anyway?

7. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Have you noticed the ones that scream Global warming That we need to save energy etc.They drive gas hogs fly private jets live in houses big enough for all of Houston Tx.to live in.

8. Baack

Baack Road Train Member

May 24, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I know what you mean
    Very frustrating to be the small people
    [​IMG]

9. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Not realy at least I have my privacy.No picture takers following me all the time.:yes2557:

10. sanityfree

sanityfree Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2008
    Sleeper, Volvo
    Well, I've almost screwed myself. I signed the new policy without fully reading it. I had to sign it before I could get assigned a load to go home, I had already been out for a month, and just wanted to get the hell out of the terminal. I read it after I delivered and had a little bit of time.

They will charge at a rate equal to the national average diesel price. This is just another way for them to try to bully company drivers into a lease.

11. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    WTF? That's more than they pay for it!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.