New guy from good ole texas

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Stankfoot, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    I think he is starting off on the wrong foot.

spindrift Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If CR England is the only company that will take you, then just do it and finish the contract so you can move on. Most of us have different circumstances, so we just do what we have to do.
    Contact Western Dairy Transport also. This company has their own cdl school and provides lodging and meals during school. I think the school is in Abernathy, Texas. www.wdtmilk.com
    [​IMG]
    Edit : just checked the website and they have two schools in Texas; Abernathy and Bryan.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a map of Western Dairy Transport terminals & schools.
    [​IMG]

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Or a medical term.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I think you're right. Cool handle.

Mr @Stankfoot, with the cool road name:

To be honest, I think you're making a mistake going to England, but you have your reasons. But I wonder...can an IMPATIENT person manage getting shat on at England? Yes, I do understand your reasoning, but I am more concerned about your being IMPATIENT than your being at England. A strong solid driver will do well at any company he goes to. Even England.
    So you've been reading the forum and notice a bunch of bickering etc. Good! Have you noticed that quite a few drivers complain about the stress, and getting flipped off a thousand times a day how much they hate the job and whatnot? Well, that's actually a bad sign. Anyone that's getting constantly flipped off is constantly doing something to make people constantly flip him off. Stress? Traffic? Rewardyourself at the end of the day, get proper rest, wake up and give it another go. People that get stressed out are stressed out because they're burning their candle at both ends. Didn't get the needed sleep, overslept, didn't preplan, started late, had to rush, drove late, get to the Loves late, circled the lot for an hour until a parking spot became available, stay up late, went to sleep late and wake up late again. And they cant figure out why they hate life...

Anyway, while you have the chance, work on your patience. Being calm and patient is a sign of strength. But if you really find that you hate England, DO NOT QUIT UNTIL THEY ISSUE YOU YOUR OWN TRUCK. If you dont complete training, You will be in a trainer's truck at your next gig too. Remember, we aren't here to win a popularity contest. If you dont personally like your trainer, that's irrelevant if your trainer is actually doing his job.

When you get your truck, put your handle on the driver's side door underneath the window. I will look for you.

Luck in battle.

KillingTime and TravR1 Thank this.
  7. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Just get your foot in the door.

8. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Where at in texas you at @Stankfoot if you near a big city like houston you can find local employment and ditch cr england. Labbatt food, mclane and grocery supply always hirirng.

9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Training companies who will probably take you.... Werner, CRST, Celadon, Schneider, Stevens...
    Ones I would suggest .... Prime, Millis, Magnum.

10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    He's just young and eager to get something started. I was very much that way. I still am but after fermenting at a state job for 10 years learned a few extra months of waiting/research is a small price for the dividends it pays out. He could be rushed financially too. I didn't learn to budget money until I was 30. Must have came along with the patience I learned.

BillStep Thanks this.
  11. Stankfoot

Stankfoot Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

I did some calling today and looks like its going to be between england, schneider, celadon or western dairy unless i wait 12 months.

I cant wait 12 months, not just because im impatient, Im in a bind financially and need good money asap. as in i cant be making 2 bucks above minimum wage for the rest of my life and expect to provide for my family. Im young but im old school, i was raised that the man of the house is the provider for his family. Even if it means starting in the trenches and working my way up to general.

Western dairy wants me to get my cdl a permit and a tank endorsment before theyll put me thru school. Starts at 28/mile after training. Im kind of interested in them.

Schneider set up a interview in a week.

Celadon offers reinbursement, which im not sure how that works so ill be looking more into that.

I dont really know much about either of those companies so any heads up would be appreciated. Ill be reasearching it myself also.

Stank.
    P.s. it took years of maintaining a strong level of athletes foot to earn this name lol.

KillingTime, Lab work and BillStep Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.