New horizons with Holland Enterprises (Fargo,ND)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chowick1966, Feb 19, 2014.

1. HomeTownHauler

HomeTownHauler Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    Please do keep us posted on how everything goes for you from orientation to first load out. I am checking them out myself. I currently drive for Menards out of the Eau Claire, WI DC and I am wanting to go back out over the road. Being home everyday is not as great as it sounds. I will try to keep an eye out for you as I see many Holland trucks blowing my doors off out on 94. Good luck!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    Heading out this morning.....Amtrak to Chicago out of Bloomington IL then transfer at Chicago and train to Fargo leaves at around 240pm!!!

4. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    DAY ONE

Day one done and dusted by 5pm. Arrived in Fargo at around 6am this morning, spent a few hours in the Super 8 and got a ride from the safety guy, Denzil to the terminal. I am the only person in Orientation this morning, 2 or 3 more coming tomorrow. A nice room here at the terminal dropped my bags in and headed to the DOT Physical...straight and straight out again and a 2 year certificate. Back to the terminal and lunch....a good good lunch in the bar right next to the terminal.

After lunch the inevitable paperwork paperwork and then a road test in crappy weather, snow and -2!!!! Back to the terminal and done for the day.

So far I am picking up a good vibe about this company. Everyone I have met so far seems happy.

Bumper and The Challenger Thank this.
  5. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Don't compare. It sounds like you've got a good thing going; I really hope it works out for you.

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    If it gets too cold for you chowick my new company is still hiring... they want to fill the seats of the 30 new trucks that are on the way.....

7. DenaliDad

For me, it's a long way between Michigan and wherever you are. My guess is I wouldn't be too attractive, even with children and grandchildren in Oklahoma.

8. DenaliDad

I bet the real test was the road test. Any applicant who stays at -2 degrees stays with the company, no matter how he or she shifts!

tow614 Thanks this.
  9. DenaliDad

And when you finally get one, tell us all about your truck and the trailer. The website is a bit lacking in specifics.

10. Gazoo64

Gazoo64 Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    I have been approved for hire but will not be heading to orientation until March 17. Please keep us informed on how orientation goes etc. I would love to hear a new hires opinion.
    Thanks.

11. GreyHound

GreyHound Medium Load Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Grats on the new job Chowie. Looking forward to reading more about it. But also from mi and have no interest in running east again.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.