New hotspot in town.

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by snowwy, Jan 16, 2018.

1. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Are these still unlimited? I just looked at AT&T website they dont have an unlimited plan anymore for these...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Seems good "Unlimited Data" for hardcore users is becoming harder to find. They differentiate between hotspot data and non hot-spot data. As long as you can do most of your browsing on your phone or tablet, you'll be well ahead of the game. Get an adapter to go from your device to output to HDMI then to your TV [to watch video] is one way to help keep from getting into trouble with hotspot data overages.

These are some fairly current threads on a storm chaser forum related to cellular data. Quality and abundant data [in the most geographic area] is extremely important to these guys ...

Cellular data coverage in 2018

Sprint Offers $15 Unlimited Plan (new customers)

Hotspot Carrier?

4. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    I have an app that let's my internet show as it's being used on phone. But im really teething to my laptop lol

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I have Verizon Unlimited and yearly service to PFJ premium wifi because we fuel exclusively at PFJ. For the most part, PFJ wifi is pretty solid, and Verizon is pretty solid. But I can also HDMI output from my phone to my TV. And the company also provides DirecTv with DVR in trucks with all the channels except any local broadcast networks.

So, with all this, I can keep pretty well entertained within my current fixed monthly costs and not worry about any sort of data overages.

And with Dish [and Directv], subscribers can manage their entire home satellite system and view live or recorded TV from their smartphones and tablets. With Dish, I have PrimeTime Anytime turned on at home. I record ALL primetime TV across the 4 primary network broadcast channels, and can view any/all them online anytime, anywhere, and even skip past commercials. Mine keeps them for 8 days before deleting. Honestly, there's only a handful of broadcast network primetime shows I care for, but it's cool to have access to all that when it works for me, "for free"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.