New Hours Of Service

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by m15063, Apr 4, 2013.

1. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    MRMATT says"you make no sense what so ever. they keep adding rules and making changes to keep you the driver safe. I honestly think that the hos should be no more the 12 hours max. and that's no matter how you work it. plus I think that after a 70 hour period is completed. all drivers should have to take a 34 hour break. with one night spent in either a hotel or at home away from and out of the truck. and proof of receipt or letter of release should be shown for each 34 hour break used during a 4 week month."

I also would bet that you are one of the lazy "solar powered" drivers that tells your dispatcher"hey listen, I cant get this load delivered because I don't have enough time, so i'm just gonna go take a breake at the truck stop. i'll will deliver it when my 10 hours is up.

maybe some of us that are safe and like to get it done DONT need a babysitter telling us when to sleep. that's sad that so many of you guys agree with this ignorant gov. You agree with people who tell YOU what to do and they are the very same people that have never set foot in a truck in their entire life, yet they know whats best for you.......wow....

my opinion,......ALL NEW H.O.S. REGS. SUCK!

BossOutlaw88 and landstar8891 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrMatt

MrMatt Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    that's how it goes. not everbody is going to like another persons ideas. trucking today is far easier then when I started out in it. the reason I think the hos should be cut down to 12 hours a day maximum. I seen a post where trucking companies are starting there own school. and trucking schools are testing out students early. plus being a trucker is easier then it's ever been. plus the very second you realize that it doesn't matter how many hours a day they let you drive/work. your still only going to make so much due to company income caps for drivers. you would realize that your working double the hours for the same pay of an average factory worker. so any increase in the hours of service. will never benefit the driver. and the driver will be forced to work those hours for free. and when you complain about the extra forced hour to work and not being paid for. the trucking companies will use the regulations. saying that there is nothing in there that says we have to pay you for the hours you work or drive. and good luck getting any department of labor to help. and if they do help. they use due process to battle cases that have grounds for investigation. which takes years to complete. so think about what you are asking for before you ask! do you want more hours to work for the same pay? or less hours to work for the same pay? and by the way. I'm the lazy solar powered driver. I only work for small companies. major fleets suck. they have always sucked. they state they have the freight,miles. good luck getting enough to have more then a little eating money. the only thing major fleets care about. is how much money they can steal from there drivers.

4. snowblind

snowblind Heavy Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    conover nc
    amazing the totally foolish stuff i read on here,and im being nice.why yes boys and girls more rules will solve all the problems.hey ive got a great idea all you circus clowns who want rules go home sign up for welfare you dont want to work ,and let me do the job i was hired to do the way i want to.

landstar8891 Thanks this.
  5. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Talk about foolishness. "let me do the job I was hired to do the way i want to" Part of the job is obeying the rules. No matter how ridiculous they are. There are rules to everything you do. So coming on here all gung ho about you doing it your way only puts money in the enforcers pocket. So if you such big guy. Log it the way you do it and tell the DOT man. Yeah I went over my 11 and 70 so what. Yeah the brake chamber is dangling off the trailer but I can still stop. So what I pushed the prius down the road. I had to get to the buffet before it closed. Sir can you hurry up and write that ticket I got in the school zone. I have to get this cheap freight to its destination.

6. snowblind

Jan 29, 2011
    conover nc
    come back when you have the years i have and we can talk,till then go out to that co truck you live in.you have no idea what your talking about.

landstar8891 Thanks this.
  7. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Blah blah blah I'm an old broke owner operator. I know it all. They just came out with Hours of service 3 years ago. We never had any rules. Speed limits never applied to us. We drove in a Convoy and blew all the scales. If I can keep lining up this dollar a mile freight. In 30 more years. I'll be able to retire.

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  8. snowblind

Jan 29, 2011
    conover nc
    im not broke,far from it going to tenn to look at and buy if i like it a 359exhd pete to play with,you have 30,000 to play with #### head,no of course not,you sit in truck stop playing with yourself

9. snowblind

Jan 29, 2011
    conover nc
    well i have to apologize,you and so many others like you were not there so how would know but what your trainer who also doesnt know has told you,you are part of the mindless generation who were taught not to question authority,i on the other hand was taught not to blindly follow.when you learn a little about life look me up we can carry on a conversion then,till then blindly follow the govt.they will not lead you astray.

Dinomite Thanks this.
  10. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    yep old broke owner operator I am..........30 years old and grossed 236,000 last year. hey guess how I did that......it was'nt working 12 hour days, I can tell ya that. on the flip side of things though, I could easily take most of the year off if I wanted.

you are probly discouraged because it seems you must work for a low wage and your sick of it, so you think your gonna punish the company you drive for by limiting the amount of time they can make you work.

theres other industrys that need your skills of only wanting to work minimum hours for minimum pay. you would be best suited as a drive thorugh worker or gas station attendant. since you like to set in the truckstops and not work, you might just go ahead and apply there. I do wish you the best of luck hand.

11. Dinomite

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    Passing snowman a cookie :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.