New Hours Of Service

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by m15063, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Power and control! Yes... BTW, still thinking about retirement in that foreign country? The more changes I see in this country, the more I wonder where I will go next... Don't think there will be any revolt here... :biggrin_25512: Don't want to go back to the country where I was born and raised... that Marxist place...

landstar8891 and Lone Ranger 13 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowblind

snowblind Heavy Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    conover nc
    quote from rig dig and overdrive mag.the safest carrier group in terms of crash rates,single-truck independents,have the highest driver out of service rates.drivers at the largest fleets,which have above-average accident rates,have the lowest driver out of service rates.so running how you need sleeping when you need works...........imagine that all you e log lovers

4. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Makes sense, own one truck and have an accident may put you out of business. Own many trucks (train drivers) have an accident, get a new driver.

5. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Replace "Drivers" with "Monkeys" and you have a mega fleet.

6. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    That's what the SLAVE MASTERS want...Dumbed down uneducated monkeys that actually think 900.00 a week is ''good money''...Good Post

BossOutlaw88 Thanks this.
  7. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Doubt it. Most of them do not even see 600.00.

Meltom and airforcetoo Thank this.
  8. airforcetoo

airforcetoo Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    it's not that strong anymore ... mail is declining tremendously due to the internet. Have a friend who quit after a decade with them cause of the nonsense ... it's not only in trucking guys ...

But what in Sam Hill is all this talk about elogs!! I came here for the new HOS ... SHEESH!

9. airforcetoo

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    ... to everything else I comment;

O/O are business owners so of course they (and I if in that position) would prefer more hours to work (unless you have a system where you work less and make more)

so then we have company drivers not even making a quarter of that (what an average O/O make) ... that's why I think FMCSA and DOT and whoever want more HOS rules to protect the company driver who doesnt know how to say no and then crashes under a low clearance, onto the off ramp, into a schoolbus, off a bridge, into the snowy ditch ...

I've only been out here for almost 2yrs now but I've seen way too many big rig crashes ... not saying it's all cause of HOS but like someone else said here 'fatigue causes poor judgement' ...

but enough about regulating truckers, when are we gonna start regulating those crazy 4 wheelers?!?!

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    There are rules that prohibit driving when ill or fatigue . What they need is a regulation requiring newbies to have cojones .

Lone Ranger 13 Thanks this.
  11. airforcetoo

Oct 4, 2011
    Up in the air
    That's just the problem; they don't and aren't encouraged to do so either cause of all the horror stories and many truckers telling them 'don't piss off the dispatcher or you'll starve' ... I was lucky, I had a ppl who advised me on being safe and keeping clean, but a lot aren't so fortunate ... Heck I bet many don't even know this website exists (which is a gr8 resource) ... Or don't even take the time to read these threads thoroughly ...

... I suppose a truckers biggest enemy is arrogance
    Be safe guys.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.