NEW IDEA for Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by HBannister, Jan 28, 2019.

1. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    How about a campground type of a setup?
    Pull through sites, power to plug in, picnic table, fire pit. Building with showers and laundry.

Bakerman and HBannister Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Various things have been implemented, Idle-air, shore power plug ins a some locations. Thing is, you could come up with something locally but widespread implementation would be problematic.

Idle-air didn't go over very well, the cable to truck setups went out of business, too. Shore power, I have no idea, no one I know of is using it on the road, I know of some locations, notably service plazas on the Ohio Turnpike, and a few others.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    No such thing as houses within walking distance to houses. NIMBY crown has pretty much made sure there is no way to build one. As for the few that are out there next to houses, well they tend to be in areas I would not walk down the streets after dark.

The whole point of sleepers is that I don't have to worry about checking in at specific times, or checking out by specific times. I tend to still be on my 10 during checkout time.
    Then there's the fact I have a little kitchen that I can make any food I carry and not have to spend yet more money on restaurants. There are likely several more issues that simply boil down to "I'm comfortable in my truck and don't want to deal with an unknown quality of rooms and beds."

HBannister Thanks this.
  5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Air quality in cabs parked at truck stops? It's fine. What's not fine is air quality at cheap hotels next to truck stops. They all smell like full ash trays because many truckers are chain smokers and can't stop smoking when outside the truck. So, I generally try to avoid cheap hotels that are adjacent to truck stops, just for the air quality reason.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  6. Catdaddytrucker

Catdaddytrucker Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Just have everything a house has

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Including the wife for a night?

8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I hear they have houses all over Nevada that will supply a wife ... For a fee she will whine and complain at you all night.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i'd prefer to sleep INSIDE a building, so when it rains, i won't get wet..???

10. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I'd be satisfied with a parking lot that doesn't smell like piss. And have a regular sit down restaurant instead of fast food.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Close...

The whining and complaining is free. The fee is so she'll leave.

;)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.