NEW IDEA for Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by HBannister, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Edddelos

Edddelos Light Load Member

May 18, 2016
    I don't know if that would be a good idea, there are truckers out there who go without showers for days, you would be constantly replacing mattresses.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    There was a place in New Mexico That I checked into buying. It was a 10 acre or so lake on an exit that was pretty good fishing and swimming, fairly scenic. My idea was to not be a truckstop, but have shower buildings, picnic tables and shades barbeque pits and have a small store and restaurant and store that also sold good cuts of meat and stuff where drivers to make their own meal. The truckstops close to the state line overflowed on weekends, and I thought this might have made an alternative for those that didn't want to hang around a truckstop. I don't have a clue if it would have been profitable, but a few years later, I was glad I didn't do it, I think it would be too much to ask for drivers to get along and keep a decent place for them.

4. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Funeral homes could rent out the new coffins that haven't been sold yet !
    They're just sitting there.
    Generates a revenue stream for them, and gives a driver a place to lay for the night besides his truck.

Plus, a lot of them I see already smell like they're dead.
    Battle half won !

5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    The dead folks are not going to mind if someone slept in it prior to them and the family will think it smells just like Aunt Ethel.

jammer910Z Thanks this.
  6. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I do not care for other people germs, or body fluids on anything I sleep on.
    I do not like motels.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  7. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Sadly, you’re right.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.