New in Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Mazzucha, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Mazzucha

Mazzucha Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2006
    I'm just wondering somebady can tell me something about this company, I just start the training class and I don't know if trust in it or not.. thanks everyone !..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

Run through some of the threads on here and you will find plenty of info concerning the Great Pumpkin. Welcome to the site.

4. Cerberus101

Cerberus101 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Georgia
    there is plenty of info here about sni. welcome to the forum.

5. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    I just sent in an application with schneider national today after talkin to a recruiter there ,due to the good vibes I got from this forum I think it will be a good match

6. redrocker1055

redrocker1055 Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2006
    michigan
    Caution, alot of the people in those post do not work for them, Thats not to say there not a good company. I guess what i am trying to say if you don't end up liking them don't blame us.... good luck!!!

7. bobbyw

bobbyw Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Orlando Florida
    I am also checking into comcar/ctl they are nearby and there may be a good hometime maybe even nightly as the wife has started gettin a little freaky about 2 weeks plus otr

8. V^2

V^2 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2006

Do you mind me asking why you don't know whether or not you can trust them?

9. The_Rev

The_Rev Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    I finished my training with Schneider last week. I have my truck I just need to go get it. They're deciding whether to send me out now to get it or wait until after Christmas. I'll know today. My wife won't be very happy if I miss Christmas since I already missed Thanksgiving.

What I think about Schneider's training... Well I already had my CDL when I signed up with them. I knew enough to drive a truck but after being forced into their basic course because of the holiday I have to say I learned a lot more than I learned at CDL school. I was out for 5 weeks. Which was 3 weeks longer than I was supposed to be. By the way, I am in the bulk division so there was extra training in Houston.

The earliest you can get out of training is 3 weeks if you are not in the ADTC or EX1 course. Plan on 5 or more if you are having trouble. You'll spend 2 weeks training at the STA. You'll be out on the road with an instructor after a couple of days. They'll take you on real easy routes without many turns until they can size you up and see if you are ready for a more challenging course. After graduating, Van drivers will get their TE assignment and will leave either that day or the next for OTR (or on a regional/dedicated account) training. Here it's up to you. If you do well, you'll most likely only be out 1 week. If you are not doing well, you'll be out longer. Work with your TE and if you get a jerk, ask for a reassignment. Every TE I've met so far has been decent. They wouldn't last long as a TE if they weren't. My OTR TE was also a Master Driver and we had a blast. It is what you make of it so enjoy.

OH! :smt026 opt out of Per Diem right away. You'll find out at graduation that you will be making 2 cents less per mile if you stay in per diem.

Good luck and have a Merry.

david07003 Thanks this.
  10. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    Isn't per diem more advantageous. If you make 2 cpm less on salary = less tax, and per diem is not taxed, so over all you should take home more. It means your per diem deduction on taxes will be less, just thought you were better off taking per diem.

11. The_Rev

The_Rev Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Englewood, FL
    Your take home won't be much more since they pay you less and you will have smaller social security and 401(k) contributions. By the way, you can still take deductions on taxes if you itemize and keep your receipts. I was told that if you already itemize your taxes, do not use per diem.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.