New Job with Schneider Dedicated (oil and gas industry south texas)

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by stepanahalf, Jul 7, 2011.

1. stepanahalf

stepanahalf Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    I am still hangin' in there with Schneider. Our sand fleet is up and running now although I am still moving Schlumberger frac equipment. I only haul a sand load once in a while. I am not on the "sand team". Last night I went to a frac site and waited till 4:00 a.m. to unload on of our sand trucks. It was so dusty and windy. I am glad I had my repirator(dust mask). That silica dust is really bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stepanahalf

stepanahalf Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    I transferred to dedicated flatbed and hauled steel out of the CMC mill in Seguin for a couple of months then left Schneider in Oct. I wasn't willing to work the 6 days on 24 hour call for the frac sand division. I couldn't handle the long days and miles of the flatbed work either for little pay.

I am going to try hauling water in the oilfield for Stevens. The days may be a bit shorter but the pay is much better. I will be working night shift or day shift. It is five days on and two days off. We will see how that goes. The biggest negative(since I want to be home every day) is that the yard is 60 miles from my house. There is housing but it is $33 or $66 per night depending on whether you are willing to share a room. On the other hand I have my own place(a cabin) near the yard and I can stay there some nights instead of driving 60 miles home from the yard.

Dan

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.