New KW T680 introduced

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by FLATBED, Mar 22, 2012.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Maybe the ones with 680's are so busy hauling cheap freight to make $2,000+ payments they don't have time to post? Seriously, just not that many small operators on here buying brand new trucks. Now and then someone does it, but not often. And I've never seen anyone mention they were buying a 680 before. You could be the guinea pig?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    :biggrin_25510::biggrin_25516:
    This is what I try to avoid. Originally I planned to wait one more year, but I am afraid my old rig will not last long enough. At first I was considering the T700, but I was not really impressed, so I was happy to see the T680. I think, this is a much better truck. I do not buy new truck too often, my old one is '98, and I do not plan to buy again in the next 15 years.

4. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    I do not know is there any Kenworth people here? I just checked out the the T680 and two T700 in Cincinnati today. They have the worst paint job in the industry. Especially the bumper and air fairings are horrible. No orange with peel like what these poor trucks have. Shame on you Kenworth!

5. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    What do you mean "no orange with peel"? Orange peel on a paint job is not cool.

6. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    What do you mean by orange peal???

KH

7. Oram

Oram Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2012
    WINDSOR, ON, CANADA
    I meant, the orange has smoother peel, than the these trucks' paint. On page 4 there are pictures from "allan5oh".That time I thought he was just mean and pictured a home painted old truck. Now, I sincerely apologize to him, because this how they look like. I did not see run downs, but the orange peel is real bad on all. From distance you see it matte, when you go close you can see why. Otherwise I like the truck, but it is just very upsetting. Also raise the question, if they care so little about the paint, how will be the rest of the truck?

8. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Their quality has went to poop! Paccar is relieving on reputation! Give me the shaker, as good or better, cheaper! Before you attack reread reveiws of new paccar products on here! We used to run some petes and some kws. But running was cost prohibiting. The build quility was not up to cost!

9. IceCreator

IceCreator Medium Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    A stevens 680 parked at the local repair shop a week ago

10. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    even transam doesnt have but one 680
    i believe they are not currently available for delivery
    mostly just media hype to get the orders
    We have been told we wont see any until Dec

11. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I drove the 680 and the 660, can't remember pricing on the 680 as after I drove it I was definetly not interested, it didn't ride as good as my Crapcadia did, and rattled a lot more right out of the gate. (That's saying a lot as I hated the crapcadia) I liked the 660 I drove, it had the studio sleeper, but was $143. $13 k larger than the Volvo 780 I bought. I'm almost a month in and only have 2 small adjustments to be completed on it, so far it's tight unbelievably quiet and comfortable, and I'm up over 1 mpg on the Pete 387 I had. Love the bunk, large fridge, workstation is awesome, loads of cabinets. Paint is real good , no runs anywhere, and I'm a picky prick when it comes to that stuff. I would not have the 680, it reminded me of the 387 too much as far as ride and quality, the 660 was very nice but a premium I couldn't justify. These are just MY opinions (as he dons the fireproof suit).
    Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.