new may driver

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by biggrick, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Bry

Bry Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2013
    I worked for May and really like them, BUT 99% of drivers will not get approved for home time parking. The only caveat is if you already live really close to a terminal. Just ask May drivers if you don't believe me. They did not let me take truck home. I live about 100 miles from the Fontana drop yard where I had to leave the truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    If your home is several miles from the local truck stop, would the local truck stop be approved?

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You just have to run it by the office, that's all. There might be a local Wal-Mart or some place that is lighted where you can park. I used to take my truck and trailer all the time and they never said anything to me. Of course, I was only 3 miles out of my route when I did though.

5. secorp

secorp Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Lakeland Florida
    When I was there it was no problem. however the closest May yard to me was 300 miles away........

6. kkiliadis

kkiliadis Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2015
    Just finished up my orientation yesterday with May and am at home now awaiting arrival of my trainer who is meeting me near home. Really excited to be working for May, seems like there is ups and downs, but it's trucking, thats just how it is haha. Orientation teacher was great and answered everything honestly and didn't fairy tale the class on anything. Starting off 11 western but probably going to be going 48 for longer dispatched loads. Look forward to letting everyone know how the training is once I get picked up. Equipment is all kept in great condition and rotated in good intervals. The staff and DM's seem to be nice but can't really put too much insight on that yet because I won't be assigned my own DM until I solo out. Cheers everyone! :)

7. imup4it

imup4it Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Washington
    Hello May drivers, question for you guys and gals. My nephew is thinking of going with May, he has been off pot for six months now and is worried if they do hair drug tests, because he has really long hair.

8. kkiliadis

kkiliadis Bobtail Member

Feb 12, 2015
    I don't think existing drivers are really allowed to talk about drug policy and testing. I do know though most trucking companies no matter what test they do are only looking back so far and it's not going to be 6 months. As long as he isn't using cannabis anymore and keeps it that way he should be fine.

imup4it Thanks this.
  9. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

Urine test for now--if he clean for the last six months, he's OK.
    Feds are thinking of requiring a Hair Folicle Test soon.....

imup4it Thanks this.
  10. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Tell your nephew that he should be fine, and that lots of us have (previous) familiarity with the devil weed.

A steady paycheck is a lot better than an occasional spliff.

11. forsakenone

forsakenone Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2016

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.