New, need recommendations for companies that will keep me local

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by aramil248, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    I know I'm in a dump truck, but when I can get 21.69 per hour often enough what difference does it make. They actually do have tractor trailers and if asked to drive one I'm not saying no.

No truck they have in their fleet has a sleeper. They probably have 25-30 trucks so I would call that a fleet. They also have other heavy equipment but the majority of their employees are drivers. Driving is the only thing I have to do

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 207nomad

207nomad Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2015
    I think he needs to spend some time in the United States Marine Corps. That will take care of his strength AND obvious lack of motivation.

4. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Well if he's one of these people that can't seem to get to work on time he likely would last here. She expects the drivers to be on-site at the job start time , baring breakdowns or getting lost. I went to the wrong address once 618 Delaware ave, should have been Delaware st. Delaware ave becomes Delaware st at the Tonawanda border. I guess you run into that sort of thing.

She says relax, and get the truck there safely.... No yelling, shouting or otherwise rude and uncalled for behavior

On-site means truck at the job site and not leaving the yard. I have to mapquest it to figure out approx how early I need to leave the yard and hence what time I need to leave the house.... what time I need to wake up too. I always error on the side of caution and get there early.

5. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    Getting to work on time is no problem for me I had a job that I arrived 10-20mins early usually before the driver I was helping even arrived

6. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Where I work as long as you are making an honest attempt to get to the job site she holds nothing against you. Now if you have been there several time no excuse.

My advice is to look into local dump truck work, it's not necessarily bad.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.