"New PRIME" you guys are terrible!

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by KB3MMX, Mar 9, 2018.

1. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Just wanted to share my experience of calling for the last two days with these jerks and spending well over an hour on hold! To check on one load !!
    Luckily I was doing chores around the house while I was on hold but this is a whole new level of pathetic from a brokerage.

Dave_in_AZ, Steel Dragon and jsnell Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    FINALLY reached them to find that they are $1700 on a refrigerated lane that's averaging $2200 on last 90 days.
    Pffff lol !!
    Umm, no thanks.

Dave_in_AZ and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    90 days old info is useless. Even the 15 days is old but it's a little better rough guide. Everything I ever called on with Prime was always way below market just like what they offered you. And I agree they rarely ever answer the phone if you call them. So I quit calling them because it was plainly obvious they never needed a truck when I did. On the other hand I do answer the phone every time they call me. And give them a nice quote that's way over, a $1,000 or more over market, just for fun. They usually get all ticked off and hang up.

That's how they deserve to be treated because that's exactly how they use up brokered carriers. That's how it works. Live by the sword and die by it. Once in awhile those dummies even pay my rate and that's always a good laugh. I remember the last one was some loser carrier they booked that tossed the load back at them the last hour.

We all know they're a big time mega carrier with hundreds of millions in annual revenues. And they also get rich off putting foolish lease purchase drivers into the poor house. They have very deep pockets when a good customer account is on the line and something's maybe gone awry to the point you're their last hope... Remember that the next time they call you and you're about to quote them a rate...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    skellr, SL3406, BoostedTeg and 8 others Thank this.
  5. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Amen amen amen !!

Yeah i knew better given their reputation precedes them. I highly doubt I'll be wasting any more time calling them back but if I do I certainly will give them a hefty rate for wasting my time. Lol.

Dave_in_AZ, TallJoe and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  6. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I haven’t had any issues out of them. They pay quick and don’t bother me when I’m on one of their loads. I just send email updates. Some of their rates are lower than current market. When you’re hauling one of their loads, you’re not hauling spot market freight but their contract customer freight. When spot is high contract is lower, when spot is low contract is higher. They only have a couple of lanes I use on a regular basis; one of them is mediocre and one of them pays a lot more than I thought it would.

redoctober83, KB3MMX and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
  8. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I’m doing reefer freight.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  9. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    :evil3::sign3::tool::biggrin_25521::scratch::tearyeyed:

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    If you're not doing any due diligence before booking reefer freight you're gonna book a lot of crappy loads going to lousy places. If you're force dispatched on reefer freight you'll also be doing a lot of crappy loads. Sucks to be you if either of those are you. Reefer pays well and isn't as bad as most of you think it, or make it out to be. I enjoy it but I'm always picky about what I book.

BoostedTeg and Tug Toy Thank this.
  11. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    Is anyone surprised that a mega carrier has an incompetent brokerage? After all PRIME does stand for Please Remember I'm Missouri Educated.

nightgunner Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.