New students beware of Werner!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by stroker, Mar 25, 2009.

1. pete509

pete509 Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Ardmore, Oklahoma
    Two years ago, I went back to Werner after a 9 year rest from driving and working in a factory job. Had drove part time for a local company in a couple of surrounding states. Werner made me ride with a Trainer for 70 driving hours just to get back in touch with operations. I was a little worried about this as I had never had to have a trainer before. The trainer I got was great. We ran just like a team and was told no question was a stupid question. Was not worried about me runnin miles and him layin up sleepin makin money. He pulled his share of the work just like I did. This is how trainers should be. There are good trainers out there, just hard to find!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigGreg

BigGreg Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Fairborn,Ohio
    I can tell you my training had highs and lows.My first trainer was a very good trainer,we just got on each other's nerves.My second trainer was horrible.He had poor personal habits and wasn't a considerate person.Got to a consigneee on Sunday morning,Easter Sunday,and after learning they were closed till Monday,he elected to stay there.No food,showers or facilities anywhere close.Yeah,he was a dirtbag.I requested off his truck and actually rented a car to get home instead of staying with him.My next tainer was horrible.Talked down to me,treated me like crap.I was on his truck for 10 hours!Requested another trainer and got maybe the best situation and trainer at werner.we got along well and had a blast.And remember another thing,Werner has laid off 21 people in Omaha.They are in trouble.

4. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Believe me when I tell you that Werner is not in "trouble". I realize you aren't happy with the company, but unless you have some fact to bring to the table...
    Every carrier in this country is cutting back on people and things that they don't need. This is in an effort to remain profitable and stay in business. Many carriers are moving out of locations they've been in for years, aren't hiring, are in fact, "cleaning house" and that mean not just driver, its inside people too. The list of things being done is incredible. Carriers are doing everything that they can do to remain stable in this enviornment.
    If you want to find out what's going on in the transportation industry, you might read Transport Topics or any of the industry publications. That way you'll have fact rather than fiction.

5. BigGreg

BigGreg Light Load Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Fairborn,Ohio
    Check the Nebraska Workforce website and look at the companies laying off page...Says Werner 21.There's your facts.

6. Stump

Stump Heavy Load Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Modesto CA
    Werner must be in trouble, i only did 5600 miles last week with my student driver and had loads stacked one after the other for the last 4 weeks. Theres a fact, Werner is not going under.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  7. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Look at the amount of people that they have employed across the country. You might throw in the employees in Canada and China too. Compare 21 to the thousands of people that are still working. Although I hate to see anyone loose their job especially in this economy it certainly does not indicate in any way that the company is in trouble. If you would take the time to find out about the company you will find out how many quarters they have been able to pay their stockholders. How many carriers can say that they've done that? If you would take time to read about this industry you will find that there are companies in real trouble. How many people are still going to work at Werner and their holdings everyday in Omaha? Is it possible that you are still learning about the transportation industry? If so, please start reading about the entire industry instead of targeting one carrier you are unhappy with.

8. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN

21 is not that many people when you think globally and how many people they do employ, so why dont you get your facts straight. heh and also there will be times where you will not be able to be around a bathroom etc..i mainly take my breaks at shippers and recievers when possible, so plan ahead.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  9. luvtheroad

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Just looked at his homebase, its Ohio, I'll bet he from the Springfield terminal. That explains everything... LMAO :biggrin_25525::biggrin_25525:

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Err eh err ?? Student ???

Otay......

11. BoDarville01

BoDarville01 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    5600 miles in a week? i wonder just how much 'training' is getting done. I sure hope that these miles you're getting are toward the end of his training period. My first mentor i had, didnt last too long. And all because no training was being done. and the first weekend, his DM had him 'hooked up' with 5-6 loads thru the weekend. I wonder just how much training i would have had, had i stayed on the truck for the duration. I was better off getting a new one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.