New tires and balancing.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Phumac, May 19, 2019.

1. Phumac

Phumac Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2014
    hello Drivers,
    In your experiences where is the best place to go for new tires and balance? Getting 4 new drives super singles. Also need my steers rotated and balanced.. Loves,TA, boss shop?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I have never heard of steers being flipped. Both usually wear down together. IF one should suddenly wear harder than the other, that you need in clue to look closely at your front end alignment and suspension etc.

They use machines now where balancing a tire is relatively idiot proof. Any good tire shop will have that taken care of in a jiffy.

I know nothing about Super Singles and actually prefer dual so that if one goes (Should the other survive..) you can still move to a truckstop.

Phumac Thanks this.
  4. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I’d give them a call to find out if they have all your tires in stock and how much they will cost. I hear super singles can be hard to come by. It’s also a good idea to find out which tires you will want before heading to the shop, so you won’t be pressured to make a quick decision. Look into Goodyear official locations on the Trucker Path app. They actually have some decent prices. I’m not sure if they make super singles, though.

As for balancing, they sell these self-balancing discs that go on each wheel. The brand I have is Centramatic.

Phumac Thanks this.
  5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I've always had good experiences with Flynns Commercial truck tire right across the street from Truck World in Hubbard, Ohio.

Competitive pricing, fast service. Much better than getting them from the big truck stops IMO.

Rideandrepair and Phumac Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    What area do you run? T/A has been having sales. It’s hit and miss. Each one, different days. Some shops better than others.

7. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have always used an independent shop in my local area, I would suggest the same for you.

86scotty, Phumac and 062 Thank this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    McMahon Tire In Ft Wayne In. Across from the Pilot. Go see Bubba.

Phumac Thanks this.
  9. Phumac

Phumac Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2014
    I run mainly KY up to Chicago area and back.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I think they can pull it of as they seem to have their tire buster go cook in the restaurant when there is no tire work (can tell by the taste), At least the ones that still have a sit down restaurant.

86scotty and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Best One Tire in Jeffersonville Indiana across the street from the Freightliner Dealer has done very good work for me. If you are leased to a large carrier you will get your best price by purchasing thru your carriers fleet purchasing program. Generally with my carriers Michelin Fleet discount I save $250-$300 a tire vs purchasing on my own.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.