New tires for delivery into the landfill .

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Voorhees84, Jul 14, 2018.

1. CharlieK

CharlieK Medium Load Member

May 13, 2015
    Minnesota
    A lot of trash haulers are using Aeolus tires.

Voorhees84 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Roadrailers with triplecrown carried rail wheels on one end. And a latching system on the other. So that you can put together 50 of them and make a train with the tires raised off the rail. Pivoting onto and off rail is a minor issue. Ive taken on railroad switches with trucks before and broken a few quite badly on them, but the tires we had did not break. The front end and steering broke instead.

What you probably need is a 10 ply or larger count. The thicker and stronger you can ply them the more abuse they can take.

Ive taken 18 wheelers with standard tires onto landfill hills twice in my life time when loaded to dispose of loads. It is not a natural part of driving and not something that a 18 wheeler should try considering the extreme angles and goat trails on the side of some of those places. I know you can incline a 18 wheeler to about 40 degrees and it will stay there. Maybe.

One Arkansas trucking company in ready mix (*Razorback) for concrete had crossrib tires on my particular mack. It is all about offroading and being able to move forward and back. It allowed me to do things in our hills and hollows that you cannot do with standard heavy truck road tires.

Voorhees84 Thanks this.
  4. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    What does your 2nd paragraph mean ? 10 ply ? Really? Standard tires are 14 ply(G), for the op in his application as he described, he should use a 16 ply(H)....... am I missing something ? You always seem to write a whole story line when you reply to a thread. Half of the time they don’t make any sense.

MM71 Thanks this.
  5. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    Aeolus HN596 16PR Tires would probably be a good fit.

6. Voorhees84

Voorhees84 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2016
    So I went with Hercules h703 ecoft 11r22.5 16 ply drives and Kelly krh on the steers . Couldn't find the aeolus, which did seem like the best fit for my operation . I must say though my ride quality has improved drastically . I had Kelly kda's on the drives and they were really bouncy apparently . I had blamed it on my air ride rear and front end but now it just drives so smooth . I heard the taller rubber helps that too . I'm very happy .

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Tug Toy and Cat sdp Thank this.
  7. roadtech

roadtech Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Northeast
    We usually run Kelly's or another medium priced steer tire and Chinese cheap tires on the drives and trailers into landfills.We run all 24.5 H rated 16 ply tires because our NY State 107k overweight permit calls for 16 ply tires and DOT does check .I've seen guys with overweight permits (when loaded ) put out of service for having a few non H rated tires . They do help with getting flats and hold the weight better. I'd rather ruin a $275 tire in a landfill than a $600 tire and we've ruined many over the years. There's no telling what you'll run over ,especially when it's muddy and can sink in mud up to your axles and have a D8 dozer
    Hook up a cable and pull you through the mud.Mud filled with anything that gets dumped in a landfill. You'll get way more road mileage out of a good Name brand tire like a Bridgestone ,but not worth taking a chance on having an expensive tire ruined in a landfill. We've used Double coin,Long March (they wear good),Aeolus ,Boto,etc

Tug Toy and Voorhees84 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.