New to Foodservice

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by GladhandSW, Sep 7, 2020.

1. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    By year three you aren't in pain all the time either. The work gets easier.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    I did it for 33 years for Golden State Foods before retiring in 2011. It's work , but the pay and retirement benefits are well worth the effort you put into it.

But like another hand said. It's not for everybody.

ChaoSS and Dockbumper Thank this.
  4. GladhandSW

GladhandSW Light Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Still here. Happiest I have ever been in 5 years of truck driving. I only deliver to Shamrock Foods and pick up back hauls for Shamrock foods. The foods otr/regional linehaul is harder to land. When someone quits they offer that run to all the guys that do it first and if no one wants it they put it on the board.

OTR dairy is not too bad but you will feel like you work more than be home. I like that they don't hold your hand and give you everything you need to make the deliveries (fuel wherever they prefer loves, all the cash codes for the lumpers, road service with penske.) All you do is multistop dairy loads to different food distributors and then get a backhaul back to Phoenix. It pays well and you can make more if you decide to lump your freight. I made more doing it than the foods run but I wanted the schedule not the money.

The only things I don't like are trucking problems not the company itself.

jmz and aztruckerr Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.