New to Prime INC - What to expect (Springfield edition)

Discussion in 'Prime' started by silenteagle, Dec 6, 2012.

1. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    1. Depending on where you live, you can expect 6-8 weeks before you'll get home the first time. If you're near one of the major freight lanes good chance you'll pass through your home a couple times and your Trainer might be nice enough to slow down so you can jump out. Just remember to tuck and roll before you hit the ground ;)

2. Only if you really want to move to Missouri, but otherwise you reside there strictly on paper for about 10 minutes to get your permit and license.

3. Ok, so I'm confused. Are you asking if you are female? Or asking about the number of females in this industry? Since I can't answer if you're female or not (ok, I am a smart aff at times, sorry) I'm just going to answer the other question, yes there are more and more female entering this industry every week. When I'm at the terminal, I see the percentage of females in the orientation classes increasing. It's not quite to 50/50 mix, but it looks like it's getting there.

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Good lord......you're familiar with my training techniques!

WesternPlains, PChase and redoctober83 Thank this.
  4. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Just a thought but this thread needs a serious update. With the new CDL permit laws in Missouri and also with prime's accelerated student thing as well.

Rollr4872 and lip zee Thank this.
  5. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    I guess perhaps I could ask around my next time in springmo I'll be there in a week or so.

Rollr4872 and redoctober83 Thank this.
  6. lostheart

lostheart Light Load Member

What is the $100 fee for and if you have a CDL do you still pay it

7. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    $100 fee was an administrative fee for processing paperwork, background check, drug test.....all that other assorted jazz.

I'm assuming you would still pay that whether coming in w/CDL or not. But, you know what they say about assumptions. Not sure about that.

8. lip zee

lip zee Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    deleting my first post, because what i read on page 137 that motivated me to reply was cleared up on page 138. I will join the current active posters in this thread after i catch up, I have about 100 pages to go. I started at the beginning yesterday. See y'all in Springmo.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    Reason for edit: detail addressed
  9. lip zee

lip zee Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    This post is one of recaps and thankfulness for the value, entertainment, and appreciation of the training at Prime you all have made here over the last 4 years:

Thanks to the crucial components that have created this thread, kept it going, and kept it lively. I just finished reading it from the beginning; it’s sad a bit to see the originals have gone, Silent Eagle and Iron Pony…comic relief when that guy raceready07, the “rastamon” came out swinging about leasing and balling and smoking weed, who had also left his telephone number here numerous times, and when called out, completely vanished, forever…
    shout out to earlier people like global responder…and Infamousss11
    and sincere thanks to Highway 101 Ms Jamie and Pchase, who have been around since the beginning and are holding this thread up on occasion…I see that numbers guy 123456 still chimes in, and likes posts...
    Missing that guy Chucktaylor who has provided so much to this thread….
    And then the new guys….
    newish anyway but have kept the new school alive here:
    Redoctober83…who was the first to inspire me to respond..fullMetalJacket…solid contributor to this thread….and darthanubis….thanks man for the pics and the detailed logs of your trials and tribulations of how it began, the wait, finding the instructor, then the trainer, then trainer 2, the pics…this was amazing. Fantastic contribution and I wonder, where are you now? How’s it going?

I am sure i missed a bunch of other characters who have kept this fantastic thread alive, valuable and interesting…thanks for all those too, but now I am ready to ask some questions and get up to date with the prime training in Sprimo….

10. lip zee

lip zee Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2016
    As Pchase mentioned a lot has changed at the Prime School since 2012 and we really need someone to give a solid update from Silent Eagles original post(s).
    If I get my CDL permit in the state I’m in now, does it help me at all in SpriMo?
    For years everyone has been saying get your CDL permit before you come, but now the tune has changed, correct?
    And what is the accelerated student program exactly?
    I am also wondering about background checks and interview security clarification…
    I have been invited to orientation, I have been vetted by the verification department already. Will I need to provide additional documentation for the security department?
    My recruiter said those checks are done, and I have a copy of my original online app…Do I fill out the paper app same as my online app, then expect to be answering questions about those details?
    Hoping to hear from the new school guys keeping this thread alive...

11. FullMetalJacket

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    1. Have to get permit in MO now. State of MO no longer accepts out of state permits.

2. Accelerated is shorter time to testing out. If you seem to be ahead of the curve & grasping the basics pretty quick, they may offer this option. Pretty much all driving is local to area, not over the road going across the country. Shorter time & see a lot less, but not a big deal. Main priority of PSD is to teach you to safely handle truck & pass that test. TNT is where you actually learn the actual job, lifestyle, & hone your skills.

3. The application stuff is more of same. Yep, answering questions of what was there & whatever they may have dug up. They DO find out pretty much everything. Backround check is unbelievably thorough. As long as all is on the up & up, & nothing hidden..... no lies.....should be nothing but routine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.