New to the CDL world

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by yourstrulyria, Aug 28, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You get used to it. One thing though. If you ever buy a small box of doughnuts to go with your morning coffee. YOU WILL have a Lawman on your fuel tank that day. I promise you that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Henderson, Las Vegas, and North Las Vegas join lawsuit ...
    https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/henderson...
    1 day ago · LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — The cities of Henderson, Las Vegas, and North Las Vegas are joining other cities across the country in a lawsuit against the makers and distributors of opioids. According to court documents from the Clark County District Court, around 50 companies were named in the lawsuits filed on Thursday, Aug. 22.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mayor of North Las Vegas said on the news today that one company has offered to settle out of court for $16 billion dollars. Hard to believe that; maybe the mayor is dreaming.

G13Tomcat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    J&J has fallen as we all know with a verdict. The Sackler family has 2000+ suits against them for the old Oxycontin from the 90's I would point to a post surgery three days on that stuff about 1996 that was essentially a blank on my life. They should be sued for being TOO good with medicines like that.

The Lawyers will soak up much of the money to be sure. Arkansas passed a Constitutional Amendment to limit fees to 33.something percent last year. We had a rally today at the State Capital against Opiods in the process of those that are addicted to it. The State DHS has decided to take in those who need Detox and pay for it based on income, if any. (IF they can pay the pills and doc the income is not a problem one would figure...)

Medicne is good for those who have need of it, but I think we need to be careful not to eradicate medicines to where it's not good enough for anything in trauma.

5. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    ^^^^ Not sure WHAT this has to do with the O/P .... but...... okay~! ;)

Hillbilly hauler and homeskillet Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I chew betel nut every day/all day and have no pains. It's still legal because I brought a backpack full back from Asia about a month ago. Went through TSA screening on both ends ok. That stuff was real popular back in my military days in Asia, along with Absinthe. We called it "Dancing with the Green Fairy."
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

G13Tomcat and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I eliminated much of the diet that were a form of inflammation in some way, it's good to eat but essentially thats all you get, sort of like a teaser that kisses you and leaves you.

I have rediscovered some foods that were very good in childhood but not made due to the formal length of time to make such as roast beef etc. Not the deli cut but the traditional chuck.

It's a work in progress. But if the dinner table is any issue, it's a enjoyable process.

8. yourstrulyria

yourstrulyria Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Do they train if you live out of state?

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. yourstrulyria

yourstrulyria Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Yes two...a year apart.

11. Atlaw4u

Atlaw4u Heavy Load Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Good luck - just keep applying to multiple companies and hopefully one of them will give you a chance.

yourstrulyria Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.