New to the forum. ??? A in central Michigan.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by MWatts9728, Sep 7, 2018.

1. MWatts9728

MWatts9728 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Yeah, I've been reading employee reviews on indeed posted about Martin Brower. They all seem to reflect you point of views of ya wishful. Driver facing cameras, Slip seating and the usual big brother B.S. like Kyle is saying. home daily would be nice but I think being happier at work would be a nice thing too.
    I couldn't agree more about freezing rain RDA. I had 2 50 mile runs to make to Lansing 1 day in April. 1st load went smooth but as soon as I got on the road for the second run ice was building up on my hood mirrors but the road where salted good and I made my drop after a slower more cautious cruise. But the temp dropped and the 50 mile drive home to wait it out took hours. In the end I backed the truck into my driveway and parked it on 1" of solid ice and couldn't get out of my driveway if I tried. And that #### day was 13 hours and 57 minutes. Freezing rain sucks. I lived in Big Bear California too which actually get more snow than Cantral Michigan does some years. But Ice is more common here. I got 1 more company to interview with Monday. Delivering and Installing some sort of industrial equipment that requires a Class A and Construction. I still like the boat idea more. But I can't help but be curious..... I'll keep you all up to date on how it goes.

Chinatown, rda2580 and Kyle G. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rda2580

rda2580 Heavy Load Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Lower Michigan
    I’m familiar with Big Bear went there a few times when I was stationed in 29 Palms! Good luck in your search.

4. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    You have IAC right there in town, I would look at hauling their parts. I would drive over there, go around back by the employee parking, the main docks are there. Take a pair of safety glasses and an orange or yellow vest and pay them a visit. Ask them who is hauling out of there, they have several regular outfits. They run 24/7 and ship around the clock. Universal I believe was in there at one time, Universal Truckload Inc. | Innovative. Customized. Logistics. Solutions. but there are others, Blue Water Trucking Blue Water Trucking Michigan | Freight Delivery | Bulk Water is another that works up your way hauling auto parts.

Try Ryder Logistics too, they run trucks up that way... Ryder Driver Jobs

Plenty of work in your area hauling auto parts to Detroit, Lansing, Flint, etc. That is the direction I would go if I wanted to be home every day or home on the weekends.

5. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Check out Sharp Transit in Webberville. They have local and regional work. They do have those stupid cameras though. I worked there for 2.5 yrs. Left mainly due to 6 day work weeks and a 65 mile each way commute. Money was good though.

6. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Do you live close enough to apply at Meijer?

Justrucking2 Thanks this.
  7. MWatts9728

MWatts9728 Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2018
    I'm unfamiliar with IAC. Meijers made an offer already and I'm sure it's a fine job but a 50 mile commute before and after a a 14 hour day when I've gotten better offers doesn't add up because I don't live in Lansing. I'm excited about hauling boats. But couldn't pass up learning more about the Millwright job that requires the ability to drive an 18 wheeler. I can handle the Mechanical, electrical portions of the job and have enough experience operating some equipment but they didn't give much information.The pay would be nice and worth a visit.

8. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    IAC builds car interior pieces and carpet, they have no actual trucks, but carriers that come regularly out of there under contract. I have not been there since last year, so no clue who is handling those contracts to see if there is a possible opening.

That Millwright job, that sounds interesting. I would seriously look into that, as that profession is screaming for folks. That would be my first stop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.