New to trucking

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Eric1990, Aug 6, 2011.

1. ray1986

ray1986 Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    dothan al
    im new to trucking i will be headead to dallas aug 29th 2011 my first day at stevens transport ive notice they have a bad rep on them but im the type i dont knock it untill i tried it.this was the only place i could go too due to the hiring recruiting areas others requie i currently work at target i be lucky to bring home 1000 a month i just wanted to get a career im tired of jobs if i make 350 a week with stevens thats almost triple to what i make now.what im confused about is they called said app was approved the i call today for comformation on bus ticket she said bring 250 dollars 70 for license switch 100 for background and things well if my app was approved then why another background or unless im paying them back for the bg check are why dont they do the bg checks before people came it would save my money and time and them im realy looking forward to this ive even been studying pti only downfall for me is my family 2 kids and wife but they support me.someone give me info on the background checks preferebly someone who is there been there but please be honest with me thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I am guessing, but the $100 background check may be for the hazmat background check for the hazmat endorsement on your CDL.

4. Digitalwarrior

Digitalwarrior Light Load Member

May 7, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome aboard and the very best of luck.

Do you write songs?? Perhaps your time on the road will inspire you!!

All i can add is follow your heart and you can't do wrong. :)

5. Eric1990

Eric1990 Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Savannah TN

Thankyou. I have tried writing some, they didnt turn out right. Maybe it will. I can compose music better than to come up with lyrics.

6. UltimateTrucker

UltimateTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Hey Ray!

I should be there around the end of September as well. Would you mind keeping me posted here on how it goes? I will be doing the 3 week CDL training first. Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.