New to trucking...

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by bigark319, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigark319

bigark319 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Hello all I am new to trucking. I am trying to get into a school here in Buffalo, NY. It is called Nation Tractor Trailer School it seems like a real good school it is PTDI certified. But for a four week course it is like $4000.00, which I don't have. I am trying to a get grant from NYS. If I can't I was thinking of going to a school from a trucking company. Swift already approved me for their school and to get hired but, I heard some bad things on here about them. Also Werner pre-hired me pertaining I complete the school here in Buffalo. I also heard bad things about them as well. Can you please give me some advice here....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    hi and welcome aboard!!. i would do a search on those Co.s here
    you will find alot of negative about them both (more so with swift) there are a few with OK comments on them but, you will have to decide how much you can put up with.

any Co. you go with if attitude is not positive and you can't "eat crow" so to speak you won't do well anywhere. trust me on this, you will take a lot of crap your first year. good luck and keep us posted

4. mikroos5

mikroos5 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2006
    Mass.
    The problem with trucking company's training drivers is the contract that you have to sign.Its usually for one year and the chances of you finishing the one year with anyone of them is slim to none.Try and get into a good school that way there you have a better chance to find a company that is better suited to your needs.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.