New trailers and build times.

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by 24kHotshot, Dec 29, 2021.

1. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

Yeah, I do the same a lot. It's the same way with Texas to FL.. Sometimes they will try to pay $500 for a car/truck from Texas to FL when there isn't much headed that way. Then other times it's much better. When it's the low rates I'll just dead head out of Texas to Louisiana or Gulfport area and get $500 to Fl for there. My thinking is it's better to drive empty halfway for the same money.

I actually just left Texas last Friday with a nice half load. I had a Chevy 3500 with big utility bed on it for $1,750 to Port Everglades. (was like $1.37/mile) I then picked up a Colorado in Mississippi also going to Hollywood for $850. The deal was at that time everything else in Dallas area that I could fit was paying t $800ish so I drove half empty to pick up the $800 in MS.

On flip side, the big truck landed me a very nice direct customer.. The guy is rich as hell lives in the Islands and apparently ships a lot of stuff there. He had me drop the truck at the port then dead head to NC so I could pick up a bunch of toys for him to get back to the port on Monday because it's the cut-off day to get it loaded. He's paying my trip up & back just so I could get his toys to the port before the cut off on Monday..

edit.. I uploaded a picture.. now check this out it was 1st supposed to be 2 side by sides & 3 4 wheelers but when he realized I had 40ft of space he went and bought a brand new skid steer to have me take that too.. Rich People's problems...but it was my problem trying to fit it all... lol

you can't see them all in that picture but it's 3x 4 wheelers on there. 2x side by sides. 2 buckets 1 set of forklift forks and the bobcat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    btw that's the 1st time I've actually ran out of rachets.. I still had a bunch of straps but I actually ran out of the rachets.. I carry 20 of them and I used every single one..

4. 24kHotshot

24kHotshot Heavy Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    New York
    You need a 53 stepdeck for that truck asap. Running out of straps is only a flatbedder's problem lol.
    I can only carry 2 units and I have 20 straps on the truck. 8 brand new never used, 4 "lasso" straps and 8 over the wheel straps I use regularly. I also have a set of chains but no binders. Never had to use chains before.
    Is it safe carrying a load on the gooseneck?

5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Oh I had a bunch of straps still just no more rachets.. lol

but yeah I agree I need my step-deck mod badly....

Oh and if I would have had the step deck done so 50ft of deck he would have just bought another ATV or something.. lol We loaded everything right at the ATV dealer's shop.. Everything bought new.. all rich guy toys

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    rccarlson22 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.