New Trainee at May Trucking

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by Blue02celi, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Blue02celi

Blue02celi Road Train Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Melbourne, FL
    Heya guys (and gals)

finished school here in Denver on Saturday with Sage and I'll be starting orientation on Monday! It feels like I'm starting all over again, like the past 3 weeks at sage never happened and I'm going to learn everything all over. I've been watching the forums for a while and May has been on the top of my list so I was very happy when Amanda said she was just waiting for me to graduate to finish my paperwork.

Anyway just wanted to say hi, think I should scan around again to make sure I know what to pack for after training. Also some of you guys might get to take some friends of mine out for training here soon, they graduated a week before I did and started orientation this week so I'll text them and see how their training is going out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dozzer6

Dozzer6 Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Vancouver, Washington
    Welcome aboard!! Hope your new adventure with May goes as you hope it does. As far as what to pack, give your recruiter another call and ask her if she can Email you a list. It's a good idea to be ready to go on the last day of orientation so that if they have a trainer for you, you are ready to roll and don't miss the opportunity because you need to go home and pack. You can probably pick one up Monday when you start your orientation, but You could run out of time in those three days to get it all together. Best of luck to you.

Dozzer

4. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    You will be starting all over again ;-)

5. solarbronco

solarbronco Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Is it true that May charges you to idle in the summer?

6. nobrand

nobrand Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Vernal UT.
    As far as i know it depends on the situation and where u r at. If u send in for idle time no they dont charge you but wait for the other drivers thats been here a lot longer and for sure they will know. These guys on here are awesome they will help you anyway they can, except loan u a million dollars i allready asked lol just kidding, WELCOME TO MAY

7. justawheelholderfornow

justawheelholderfornow Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    Is it true that this topic has been beaten to death, and the answer is available using the search button?

8. maldaddy

maldaddy Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Valley Springs, CA
    justawheelholderfornow are you a trainer? I saw in other posts that you trained in the corporate world? Part of teach is answering the smae questions over and over and over! LOL

moonshadow, none and sky king Thank this.
  9. justawheelholderfornow

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    I do that on the clock way too much already, not to mention 4 kids lol
    The idle is such an opinion filled miseducated topic, it should be a dirty-word filter on here lol
    Short answer: YES YOU CAN be charged for idle.
    Long Answer: you have to be a moron to be charged now.
    Idle percent has been raised to 45% for July-Sept.

10. maldaddy

maldaddy Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Valley Springs, CA

I LOVE the "Long Answer" LOL
    We were told in orientation to mark in our manuals June-Sept for 45%
    4 kids huh? Now I know when we meet to greet you everytime with "Are We There Yet" LOL

11. justawheelholderfornow

Oct 12, 2010
    The Bank
    Instead; just mark it out of your mind
    turn off your truck if you're not in it, and if you wind up sitting for a long time during the day in the summer, run it, be comfortable, just remember to ask for idle credit as necessary
    problem solved

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.