New truck incoming!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Thotphobia, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Very nice Truck. Should last you for years to come. I see some pretty old raggedy Trucks running Logs.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thotphobia

Thotphobia Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2021
    Thanks driver. People saying too expensive but they haven’t seen the videos that I have of the truck. It’s just gorgeous in and out. Yea there’s some raggedy trucks, I don’t pick on anyone cause they are probably struggling. I just worry about myself. Tbh tho some are nasty lol

slow.rider Thanks this.
  4. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    A new heavy haul spec W900 with the 600 x-15 and a 18 speed trans and a 80”
    Sleeper is just over $220k

the folks saying you’re price is too high evidently haven’t bought a w900 lately .

r2db Thanks this.
  5. Thotphobia

Apr 21, 2021
    Heck yea they’re expensive! To me, 113k is good considering it’s a 565 x15 w900L. I even talked to a salesperson from Kenworth and asked him about it. He said that’s a good price for it. The market is high right now for KWs

6. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    Did you expect the salesperson tell you its expensive ?!lol
    ...of course its a good deal , once in a lifetime opportunity ...
    Sorry i cant comment on equipment price , i am in totally different trucks and pricing

7. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    It doesn't matter what a bu ch of idiots on a truck forum think. Will you be able to make the payments and make money?

8. Thotphobia

Apr 21, 2021
    We’re not doing payments man. I work for my dad, I average 3400 a week and he does too. I’m sure that truck will pay itself off in no time! Oh and we sold our other sleeper KW so that’s going as down as well. It’s not too bad tbh plus the truck is beyond beautiful

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    At one kenworth dealer I deal with occasionally, I was talking to the sales dweeb manager who asked me if I wanted a 900, I said no because I’m not in the business of having a truck that costs more money than it is worth. He laughed, he said he loves it when someone buys one, they have a good markup and makes them money but if it wasn’t the money that he gets from these fans of out dated trucks, he would push the better trucks harder.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If you like the truck then you should buy it, plain and simple. Life’s too short to drive a truck you don’t enjoy and doesn’t make you proud to drive it.

John E., Geronimo17, Gsm and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Thotphobia

Apr 21, 2021
    I love it man. I posted a picture of it a few messages back on this thread just in case you wanna see what I’m talking about.

John E. Thanks this.
  12. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    He sounds like an idiot. It's the same tech wrapped in a different body style, and doing work where aerodynamics aren't as important. Sounds to me like he was subtly kissing your ###. I'll bet he talks plenty of #### about plastic aero trucks when he's with a customer that specs heavy haul.

Point being, neither truck is "better". They're suited for different tasks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.